Author Topic: Archer template for a beginner  (Read 17486 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Archer template for a beginner
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2009, 06:10:43 AM »
Archery noob quest complete, archery now at 70 (50 + 20 Headdress), I can put on a bracelet +15 to get to 85 to start hitting the golem.

I have a 100% Poison Repeater for training.

I miscalc'd the resists. In Vamp the char is 56/70/70/66/68. I'll get him a robe +3 physical and start looking around at other suit pieces. I don't think I'll get physical over 60 though... the sleeves I have on him now have like 68 resist with 19 physical. I like these sleeves because of the +2 HPR, bringing the total HPR up to 19.

Now I *could* loose the bracelet of health on the char and slip back to 9 HPR. If I put on a bracelet with Physical Resist, Damage, 1/3 or something, then I could get resists close to 70 across. I'll see how my son plays. Physical resist isn't important if he's not getting hit.

Golem training starts tonight. I might take him to the Minotaurs in Ilsh with a few GM bows for him to practice up against. Get 80 arrows from each one so he won't have to worry about arrows.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2009, 07:41:39 AM »
Showed my son Cyclops valley in T2A. He knows how to lure one at a time, keep EoO up, loot corpses, and heal if needed. He's called me in to watch as he handles a Titan by himself. He's learning the art of UO archery and doing a good job at it. I'm letting him use Shamino's Bow, which is a repeater with 15 HCI and Self Repair.

I used HH and a +15 Bracelet to get him to 85 Archery. Gains were awesome on the Cyclopedean Warriors and Titans. He played for a couple hours last night. Then I got out my old school golem and burned through about 4k arrows on it.

Archery now stands at 82.5 (102.5 with HH). I'll let him hunt that valley for a couple days, and I'll keep doing Golem training after he goes to bed. We should have him up in no time. Then I can get him a couple "real" bows to use :)
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2009, 12:08:19 PM »
That's still one of my favorite places to mess around in.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2009, 12:13:01 PM »
Char is complete, lowering Necro from 105 (no fail strangle) to 100 (no fail wither), and raising Tactics for a little additional damage output.

He's done champs in Tok with me, and does very well. His PC is flakey right now though.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2009, 12:16:51 PM »
What computer are you gonna get him?

Edit:  Crap, look at that 4000th post.  lol
Come play RIFT with me!

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2009, 09:45:32 AM »
When I upgrade my PC, he'll get my motherboard and be back to gaming.

I'll have to post up his whole armor. I know it has Keeonian's Armor, Jackal's Collar, Headdress, Bracelet of Health, Amber Leggings... his HP Regen is like 21 on the char. All resists are 65+ when in Vamp form as well.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2009, 02:14:10 PM »
What computer are you gonna get him?

Edit:  Crap, look at that 4000th post.  lol

damn TM.. I dunno how you keep up with this site.. I try and I've failed in the last few weeks.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2009, 02:16:34 PM »
damn TM.. I dunno how you keep up with this site.. I try and I've failed in the last few weeks.

I do it because I still like it. :)
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: