Author Topic: How to play a Whammy??? Bush wise...  (Read 8009 times)

Offline CoraginTopic starter

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
How to play a Whammy??? Bush wise...
« on: June 13, 2009, 04:54:57 PM »
Okay, so DF kickin my butt and I figured I would post hre and ask.  Forgive me my spelling and grammar and probably memory today if this was answered already.

I do the following....

Honor DF
Run him to the two tile deep spot near room 2 so I only fight him.
Have my tamer off to the side cutting bones on a script (keep getting must wait to perform another action btw)
EOO UP
ConsecrateW UP
CurseW always up
Then lightning strike over and over.

Mana is not the problem here, nor is gear.  I asked earlier in chat about confidence and evade...

When do I use them to be effective?  Should I run CEO's healer for chuggin gheals, trefresh and grapes?

Basicly what is the order you guys do things in?  Im getting owned by 50%, which I think is damn good for a guy who plays a tamer and first boss im trying to fight.  BTW I stomp the asses out of the room bosses.  Minus the ones without mana.

So....should I

LS
LS
LS
LS
Evade
LS
LS
LS
LS
Confidence
LS
LS
ect
ect

????

Im a bit lost lol

Also, what peerless and champ spawns would you guys consider EASIER than DF?  I was thinking of trying Dreadhorn since I find getting the keys easy.  I know Mel and Travisty are easier than a DF.

please help me with when I should use evade and confidence, up till now, I havent been using them at all and I am SURE that is why I am dying.
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: How to play a Whammy??? Bush wise...
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 05:39:37 PM »
Waste of mana using consecrate weapon. DF's resists are 30 across the board, so if you consecrate - what resist are you going to hit? Waste of mana... time...

Keep evasion up as much as you can. Watch for blood oath. Keep Counter Attack up all the time, it works together with Lightning Strike so no worries. Keep your stamina up, if that means TR potions or Divine Fury... just keep your stamina up.

If you can, feint is pretty good to use as well, not sure if it plays well with others.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 05:44:16 PM »
So go like this basicly?

Evasion
LS & CA
Evasion (when it runs out)
LS & CA

ect ect?

also is Dreadhorn easier than DF?
Coragin

My Facebook

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 05:50:56 PM »
So go like this basicly?

Evasion
LS & CA
Evasion (when it runs out)
LS & CA

ect ect?

also is Dreadhorn easier than DF?

Ya I would evade every chance you can.  Arm CA and spam LS until you hit with a CA and then rearm it, sometimes it could take awhile to parry and counter.

Dreadhorn is a lot easier imo.

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • It Is What It Is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 06:09:26 PM »
Thanks guys, that helps a lot!  Now I know why I was dying, not cause of my gear or anything, was not knowing what to do exactly lol.

So I should always keep Evade and Counter Attack up then right?

What peerless and champs have you guys soloed?
Coragin

My Facebook

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 10:09:58 AM »
I've yet to take on the Dark Father. I've been saving DOOM as one of the things to do so I don't burnout on UO. I purposely save things to do just for that reason.

I've solo'd Dreadhorn many many times, I've pulled all my Crimson Cintures off the Dreadhorn. I've also solo'd Chief Paroxysmus.

If I have Parry on my template I'll run counter strike. If I don't have parry I'll spam Evade as often as possible.

As far as solo'ing Champions I always bring a Bard along to discord the Champion so I'm not sure if that's considering solo'ing. I'd like to see someone stand toe to toe with Rikktor when he's not discorded and see how long they last.

I've killed Meraktus, Semindar, Rikktor, Barracoon, Twaulo, Mephistus, Lord Oaks. I did kill Semindar 1 on 1 one time without her being discorded.

I haven't killed or solo'd the Harrower, Grizzle, Shimmering, Travesty, Serado, Neira or Ilhenir.

Ilhenir is one bad mofo. I'm skeered of him.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 10:45:40 AM »
Ultima,

I wonder if you could share your template, stat mix, spell cast strategy, etc.  I got some flavor of it from your post, but I would love to hear a little more detail on how you would build and run a toon to solo a champ. 

Thanks!

-P
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 11:02:48 AM »
Just a couple thoughts...

You hit, you live. Thats what this type of char is all about.

What can help you hit? Lightning Strike! Gives an insane hit chance bonus.

Another thing that helps you hit is Hit Lower Defense. Personally, I use Mace & Shield glasses to get mine. Once you lower the defense chance of your target, you'll seldom miss.

Now the other side of the char... defense.

I like to have about 60 DCI on my char. I know that's an insane amount, and truthfully I'm lucky to get 50, but the idea is to get as much as possible and keep your resists up as well.

Not getting hit is a good thing. Another way to avoid getting hit (well more specifically not taking damage) is using Evasion. Evaded hits are damage you didn't take.

One last thing I look for - Hit Lower Attack on weapons. If I can put HLD so I can hit my target more, why not put HLA so my target hits me less?

So, in summery...

Hit more using Lightning Strike and Hit Lower Defense

Get hit less using high DCI, Evasion and Hit Lower Attack

Simple enough eh?
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2009, 11:38:52 AM »
Cerveza, that all sounds like good advice.  I particularly like some of the faction arty options for building that suit.

I guess where I am going is that I am curious also about what your thoughts are about the relative strengths/weakness of a sampire vs. a whammy.  I have run a sampire a lot, and I like its potential for pvm. However, I see some limitations to the template as compared to the whammy and wonder whether I should convert my chars over.  I wonder if you could validate/ clarify my understanding on a couple of points:

1. Sampire resist poison is pretty great, but won't stop lethal from paroxymus and DH. This negates one of the big pvm advantages of the sampire.

2. Sampire has a tough time adding in enough spirit speak to make curse weapon effective. Curse weapon, if you can keep the mana coming, is preferable.

This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2009, 11:57:17 AM »
Cerveza pretty much nailed it on the head regarding the vital strategies and tactics when playing a whammy or Curse Weapon Warrior (CWW!LOL).

Against virtually all the Champs and Peerless I'm spamming Lightning Strike non stop. One or two misses depending on the Champ and it could be monochrome. Against the hard hitters like Rikktor and Merkatus it's a must...pretty much a must against all of them but the hard hitters 1 miss and you really understand the importance of LS. You miss you don't leech and then you die. I concur with Cerveza about the HLA and HLD he's spot on. HLA and HLD are two vital properties when taking on the Top Tier monsters UO has to offer. Unfortunately I haven't gotten my hands on a radiant with all the right properties to replace my beloved soulseeker.

Here's what I'm currently running from the sampire thread here at SUO (Lots of things will work!):

125 Strength
100 Dexterity
30 Intelligence

120 Swords
120 Bushido
120 Tactics
120 Parry
100 Spirit Speak
90 Chivalry
50 Necromancy

30 Seconds of 50% Life Leech with 100 Spirit Speak. I still use a Swamp Dragon on this guy as much as possible for the 20% Damage reduction and mobility. Only when fighting against monsters where I have issues with mana do I go into wraith form.

Gear and Equipment:

Soulseeker and Whirlwind are the life-blood of this template. I don't care what anyone says about the Soulseeker there isn't a job I haven't been able to do so far with it.  SSI>Stamina.

Faction Artifacts are the way to go with the increase in Resists and item properties. Anyone who doesn't use faction artifacts is a fool! Just kidding but really get the faction artifacts...every little bit adds up.

Head: Faction Mace and Shields with the 10% Damage Bonus Increase
Neck: Heartwood Woodland Gorget with 10% Damage Increase and either LMC or MR crafted from heartwood runic saws
Arms: Heartwood Woodland Arms with 10% Damage Increase and either LMC or MR crafted from heartwood runic saws
Ring & Bracelet: DI 20% give or take, with DCI and LMC, and if possible with some resist to balance out the armor
Legs: Faction Fey Leggings
Chest: Faction Rune Beetle Carapace and  Faction Heart of the Lion (I always carry both.. If I feel I need more MR I will equip the Faction Carapace but default if HoL for the DCI)
Gloves: Heartwood Woodland Gauntlets with 10% Damage Increase and either LMC or MR (Stormgrip is workable too) crafted from heartwood runic saws

If you can get a soul seeker with 100 DI via heartlwood woodland armor your in business to deal out some serious damage! Just make sure you know the monster your fighting and whether or not you need to use consecrate to maximize damage. Soulseeker is 100% Cold and performs well against most monsters out there.

I think a Paragon Cu Sidhe is a great measuring bar for if your ready to solo Champs or Peerless so practice on them.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 12:02:34 PM by Ultima »

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2009, 02:30:53 PM »
I use this Twinkling Scimitar, wish it was a bit faster....

36% Hit Mana Leech
38% Hit Stamina Leech
34% Hit Lower Attack
06% Defense Chance Increase
25% Swing Speed Increase
40% Damage Increase

Basically it's like a Soul Seeker but with HLA instead of HLL. And I usually carry 2 Soul Seekers with me all the time as well.

Oh and...

- Post moved to Templates -

Offline kizzrot

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • kizzrot has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2009, 04:13:42 AM »
And what tactics are you guys using on baracoon? Because i am getting owned by coon and i am soloing the DF withouth any prob.

Tags: