Author Topic: TrailMyx's List Handling Subs  (Read 87493 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: TrailMyx's List Handling Subs
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2010, 10:08:58 AM »
Na don't worry.  I'm just busting your chops.  After yesterday, it's nice to play around.  heh
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2010, 10:27:25 AM »
Na don't worry.  I'm just busting your chops.  After yesterday, it's nice to play around.  heh

Well then play around with numbered lists.  Have fun with that. :)  Personally I think it should be an OPTION in your subs. :)  Make them that much more usefull...  Pretty slick how it works too, and numbers them perfectly even when moving/deleting/adding... I love that.  I've been scanning through the loading/saving to see where I'm missing something but yea... um.  No. :)  I don't have xray code vision sadly.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2010, 10:29:52 AM »
Probably the worst thing that'll happen with DOS/command line saving is that some character in the line is messing up the save process.  With people and their strange characters in their names, I'm not surprised.  I'm creating a whole new file system for EUO, but have been bogged down by real life.
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2010, 10:37:37 AM »
Hey, I'm also still having the list loading/saving problem after removing ALL edits and using your newest subs.  It's something in your subs.  I'm accessing them correctly.  Unless it has to do with reloading with the add space sub?  Then resaving?  That's the only thing I can think of but that shouldn't keep it from working correctly.  It's only not loading and saving one sub occasionally... Strange.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2010, 10:40:41 AM »
Read my last post.  If you just save/load normal text, then it works fine.  There's probably a strange character that's messing up the command line.  Guild names generally have odd characters.  You may have to modify the list process to strip off all the guild information.

There's nothing I can do about this, it's a DOS/command line thing.  The only thing you can do is control what text is saved.
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2010, 10:44:07 AM »
Gah.  Speed posting.  Sorry I'll look at it more.  If it's just an odd character, I'll parse out guild names if I can, but I LIKE having it in there. :)  Sucks.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2010, 10:49:58 AM »
Well I'm working on a whole new filesystem for EUO.  Something that you can copy/paste information from different scripts, view variables throughout the filesystem and all based on character instances.  It's pretty wild.
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2010, 11:54:16 AM »
Side note here on the saving/loading issue.  I added a drop down box for saving and loading so I can save and load lists individually, not just all at once.  Now if a list doesn't load, I can load that list individually and it loads fine... kinda makes you think there's a problem loading them all at once?  Not sure it's me as my load sub is pretty straight forward and simple using all your subs.  Just a load button.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2010, 12:48:30 PM »
Not sure really.  I haven't played much with the load/save since I wrote them.  I'm not sure when I'll have time to do much debugging with it.  Perhaps this weekend.  Should work fine since this is the same file system (cut/paste) that's working in many of my other scripts.   Dunno.
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2010, 01:58:37 PM »
I cut and pasted your new version into the script over my edits and it still did it wether I edited it for numbering or not.  Now that I have loading of single files and saving of single files at least there's a workaround. :)

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2010, 06:44:35 PM »
One thing I noticed.  You need to store 1 list per file.  It's an odd limitation and I could go into the mechanics of it, but I choose not to.  So just save your lists in separate files.

I would have to write a sub to write everything to one file.  It's definitely possible with the existing filesystem.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 06:46:07 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2010, 06:53:02 PM »
One thing I noticed.  You need to store 1 list per file.  It's an odd limitation and I could go into the mechanics of it, but I choose not to.  So just save your lists in separate files.

I would have to write a sub to write everything to one file.  It's definitely possible with the existing filesystem.

Did you see something?  Cause I have 4 files.  One for each list... but I notice a 5th popup when I'm saving sometimes...?  That have something to do with it?

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2010, 07:06:46 PM »
That's just an optical illusion.  Sometimes I notice the dos box pop up quicker too, I'm not sure what magic Cheff uses, but he certainly made it annoying to do things like this.  No, the problem comes because you are embedding the namespace in the save file, but only one namespace per file.  Since each list requires it's own namespace, it predicates 4 files.  Also remember that each line can only be 2K long.  There might be times when you exceed this and will cause 2 writes.  Basically the DOS prompt sucks ass but it's the only thing Cheff left us with.   My new file system will fix everything and avoid all the annoyances.  My subs are fine, yours are fine, it just needs another sub to bring everything together.  In the mean time, just save each list to different files.
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2010, 07:11:01 PM »
That's just an optical illusion.  Sometimes I notice the dos box pop up quicker too, I'm not sure what magic Cheff uses, but he certainly made it annoying to do things like this.  No, the problem comes because you are embedding the namespace in the save file, but only one namespace per file.  Since each list requires it's own namespace, it predicates 4 files.  Also remember that each line can only be 2K long.  There might be times when you exceed this and will cause 2 writes.  Basically the DOS prompt sucks ass but it's the only thing Cheff left us with.   My new file system will fix everything and avoid all the annoyances.  My subs are fine, yours are fine, it just needs another sub to bring everything together.  In the mean time, just save each list to different files.

How about not saving as a .txt file after switching characters? :)  I'm having that issue atm... When I switch from a blue guilded faction char to a red guilded faction char... one saves his lists as (ListName)(ShardName)(CharName).txt the other saves it as same but without the .txt extension... wth? :)  On a side note:  It HAS worked with him, and I haven't changed anything between loading and saving lists with him..?

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2010, 07:24:47 PM »
That's an implementation thing really.  I just care about a filename and a listname for save and only filename for load.  After that, it's independent of your implementation.  That's the nice thing about tools, I just write'em.  but the mantra of tools is just to keep them generic.

I don't really know how it could have worked with 4 lists and one file.  I've been drinking a bit at the moment, so my analytical skills are a bit impaired.    I think you just got lucky.  :p
Come play RIFT with me!