Author Topic: TrailMyx's Tab Control and List Handler  (Read 16848 times)

Scrripty

Re: TrailMyx's Tab Control and List Handler
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2010, 09:29:12 AM »
Just throwing this out there.  I'd love these to use NGFS too. :)  When you get time... heh

Scrripty

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2011, 01:42:09 AM »
Just dug into these, would have been very nice to read the first post that says how to address these.  And after playing with it for a bit, I thought DUH.  Then I just wrote my own sub to pull the currently visible list from the tab control.  I named it, TM_GetVisibleListFromControl.  If you're interested in more people using this, that would probly be a helpfull sub to add. :)  Unless I'm missing it, and you have it hiding somewhere I don't know about.  There's only one reference to how the actual lists are addressed, even tho, if you think about it, it should be pretty obvious.  But it threw me for a good 10 minutes until I really paid attention to what I was doing cause I was annoyed with it. :)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2011, 05:18:49 AM »
I added that a while back in my internal version.  Ya, it's a necessary one for sure.  I write a mass of tools, but it's only when you dig into actually using them in a project that you notice all those other little subs you need.

Anyhow, there's several more subs in there.  Just haven't debugged that last version before I stopped scripting.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2011, 05:13:20 AM »
I added that a while back in my internal version.  Ya, it's a necessary one for sure.  I write a mass of tools, but it's only when you dig into actually using them in a project that you notice all those other little subs you need.

Anyhow, there's several more subs in there.  Just haven't debugged that last version before I stopped scripting.

If it's not ok to post this sub, just delete. :)  Someone might use it tho besides us.  Could happen.  Not sure this is done the best cause I just browsed your code, but it works every time in my implementation.  So I'm happy.

Code: [Select]
; %1 = Tab Control Name
sub TM_GetListNameFromTabControl
  namespace push
  namespace local TMTABS_ , %1
  set !temp_lpc #LPC
  set #LPC 10000
  if !tab_cnt = 0
  {
    namespace pop
    set #LPC !temp_lpc
    return #false
  }
  for !i 1 !tab_cnt
  {
    if !tab_hidden . !i = #FALSE
    {
      if !i = !selected
      {
        set !temp !tab_name . !i
        set #lpc !temp_lpc
        return !temp
      }
    }
  }
  namespace pop
  set #LPC !temp_lpc
return #false

« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 12:12:44 AM by Scripty »

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2011, 06:54:03 AM »
be sure you revert the #LPC back to the initial one, otherwise if you find a match, you'll force the LPC to 10000 for the rest of the execution.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2011, 11:45:23 AM »
No wonder it was moving along rather snappily.  Fixed. ehh

Scrripty

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2011, 12:25:49 PM »
Send me those other subs and I'll bang on them for you. :)  And so I don't have to write them myself.

Offline altiric

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • altiric has no influence.
  • Respect: +4
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2021, 12:56:34 PM »
I realize im a bit late to the party, was just wondering if anything ended up continuing with this on someones hard drive they forgot about lol. Been working with list_handler, tab_handler, ngfs, advanced_filesystem and there are a few changes here and there between them as they have gotten upgrades. It seems tabs has everything but ngfs but also has an older version of the list handler in it. I have been getting 90% of where i need to be using them individually but would like to work on getting one file running and was just wondering where the best place to start might be.

Offline Hitechs

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Hitechs has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2021, 05:55:20 PM »
this looks interesting,

I added that a while back in my internal version.  Ya, it's a necessary one for sure.  I write a mass of tools, but it's only when you dig into actually using them in a project that you notice all those other little subs you need.

Anyhow, there's several more subs in there.  Just haven't debugged that last version before I stopped scripting.

If it's not ok to post this sub, just delete. :)  Someone might use it tho besides us.  Could happen.  Not sure this is done the best cause I just browsed your code, but it works every time in my implementation.  So I'm happy.

Code: [Select]
; %1 = Tab Control Name
sub TM_GetListNameFromTabControl
  namespace push
  namespace local TMTABS_ , %1
  set !temp_lpc #LPC
  set #LPC 10000
  if !tab_cnt = 0
  {
    namespace pop
    set #LPC !temp_lpc
    return #false