Author Topic: Buying a Grill - Suggestions welcome  (Read 3255 times)

Offline PauloniusTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Buying a Grill - Suggestions welcome
« on: May 13, 2011, 12:09:59 PM »
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Buying a Grill - Suggestions welcome
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 12:27:04 PM »
I'm about the Kingsford and Mesquite!

I've never been a fan of gas Grills though I must admit they can be convenient.

When I still had my restuarant open we used gas Grills and I "Charbroiled" up all kinds of tasty treats (whole chickens, Carne Asada, Shrimp, Salmon). So for sure a Gas Grill can cook up some delicious food. If I had to choose one though it would be the Smoker/BBQ.

Here at home in Southern California a Charcoal Grill may be more convenient than some other parts of the states where the climate and temperature are different.

There's something about  the smell of kingsford or Mesquite/Hickory. It's part of the ambiance of grilling plus it adds flavor.

Sometimes though when you just want to grill a few small items like a burger for yourself a Gas Grill is handy to have.

If I won the lottery I would get a custom made BBQ/Smoker built. I've seen some of those shows on good eats about the BBQ Contest and some of the equipment these guys have are unbelievable. Smoking and slow cooking creates some awesome grub. Some of those grills have the compartment on the side that you can use to control the temperature.

Thankgod Summer is just around the corner! 8)

Let us know what you decide on...for $689 you better do your research/homework!

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 12:39:44 PM »
I can't argue with the flavor consideration, but I generally cant wait for coals to be ready with kids and work and such.  Gas is the convenient alternative until life slows down a bit around dinner-time or I have a kid I can trust with fire.

My mother in law was ready to throw down on the ridiculous kitchenaid sight unseen and I couldn't let her do it until I did some research and chatted with folks.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

-Mario Andretti

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 12:43:24 PM »
First thing to know about the gas grills make sure when u buy it u make sure that it has ceramic bricket tray that pulls out to make it easier to clean next make sure your grill racks are heavy duty

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 06:15:02 PM »
sorry, I can't help you out with Gas Grills, but Being a Chicago Guy I only own Weber Grills.

Offline El_Remo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • El_Remo has no influence.
  • Respect: +17
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 05:33:36 AM »
Ive actually found some gas grills at lowes that i like. They have the radiant screen that should provide a a much more even cooking. Also it should help slow down the little grease fires burning my stuff up.

This wont do me as i just gave my good charcoal grill to my mom. My dad bough that grill in 1968. Its one of the old cast aluminum ones :) Anyway for convenience sake i am more than likely getting a side by side gas/charcoal combo. I can do chicken and even burgers on the gas if i need something done in a hurry, but if im doing steak ill def. want to use the charcoal side.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 06:17:28 AM »
My wife says weber - anything else is a waste!

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 11:06:26 AM »
Weber definitely has the vocal champions that any company would wish for their product.  That and the consumer reports have me pretty much sold.  I don't think Weber fans would be quite so vocal if it were not a great product.   

-Mario Andretti

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2011, 04:50:14 PM »
make sure u get extra bottel to comes in handy when your grilling that steak and you bottel runs out

Tags: