Author Topic: Another one that has fallen back onto the UO wagon...  (Read 1936 times)

Offline DarowynTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Darowyn has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Another one that has fallen back onto the UO wagon...
« on: April 23, 2017, 09:42:14 AM »
Hello! I'm a former played from UO Baja, Demise, and (currently) Evolution. I've come back to UO after another multi year hiatus. Because I realllly miss good housing and decent/great crafting. (Sorry, SWG still takes the cake in that one.  :D ) My usual names on UO and Freeshards has been Kara Muro and/or Darowyn or anyone with the last name Hastur. :>

I've been playing UO since around mid - 2000. I started on Baja and learned how painful finding a house was at that time. I eventually idoc'd and bought my way to owning a semi decent vendor mall. I loved crafting just about everything. Then runics happened and my RNG luck showed itself to be incredibly horrid. :> But I still loved doing BODS and being a packrat.  Then SWG happened, then eve, then eq2, and other games. I kept on coming back to UO though once in awhile. I'm still horrid at PVP. :>

But enough about my poor gaming habits.

In RL, I'm called pain in ... er wait Chris. I'm 41 year old female (guh, did I just say that out loud, guhhhh), married, one kid (9 - Currently playing Arkham Knight on the Xbox 1) Been gaming in one form or another since about 13? (I can't remember)\

I work part time at Giant Eagle, since it fits a lot better around my son's appointments, and being home when he gets off the bus. Daycare is too damn expensive.

Yes, I met my husband on a MUSH... TrekMUSH to be precise. :>

Some of my other hobbies are cross stitching, reading, trying figuring out how to sew and embroider with my Babylock Aventura. (Yes, my sewing machine did cost me 3.5k, but it can make some cool stuff.. when I get it figured out.) Also, Lego.. because. :> We actually just put together the Ghostbusters Headquarters... 4634 pieces later. He's under orders if he wants to take it apart it has to go in its own bag, else I'll cry. :> I already have another bin of Lego we need to sort out by color, so they can go into the drawers.

But basically, I restarted UO on Evolution about 1.5 months ago, and I'm slowly resuming my packrat habits and building up my houses again. I gotta stockpile some decor. :> Housing isn't too bad to find on Evolution, unless you're picky ... like me. :>

I think that's about it, unless anyone has questions. :>

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Another one that has fallen back onto the UO wagon...
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 10:07:09 AM »
No other game in the universe tickles the packrat worse that UO!  Castles and castles full of crap make me a happy camper! 

3.5K of a sewing machine?  Good grief!  I know one of our staff on Rebirth does knitting while she's crafing, so I guess there's some weird link between yarn and UO.  lol

Anyhow, welcome!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 10:13:03 AM »

Thanks for your introduction

WELCOME!

Offline DarowynTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Darowyn has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 10:14:15 AM »
Husband has his guns, I got my sewing machine. :> (0% financing helps though...) Look up Babylock Aventura, its a really nice machine. And if you really want a heart attack, look up Babylock Destiny, that sucker goes for around 9k. :>

Offline valen2.0

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • valen2.0 has no influence.
  • Respect: +63
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 12:28:54 PM »
Welcome!!

Offline pixijayne

• Activity:
    0%
  • pixijayne has no influence.
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 04:08:37 PM »
He's under orders if he wants to take it apart it has to go in its own bag, else I'll cry. :> I already have another bin of Lego we need to sort out by color, so they can go into the drawers.

Wanna come sort my stuff .... It does my head in ...

Welcome !!!!!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 06:44:12 PM »
Welcome to SUO! I loved SWG, played on Shadowfire. I dabble in the EMU from time to time but other things like UO distract me. I am currently on my Eve kick.

Tags: