Author Topic: NASA $30,000 Space Challenge  (Read 4617 times)

Offline GemviperTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
NASA $30,000 Space Challenge
« on: December 01, 2016, 01:28:39 PM »
+1
According to NASA people go potty and in space that's a problem - http://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/nasa-issues-30-000-space-poop-challenge-to-solve-age-old-problem-1.3183232

Just curious as to how a bunch of scripters might approach the problem :)

My feeling is that you have to go with liquid undies! A pair of boxer like undies that "flood" the area with a liquid solution when you need to do your business and when done the fluid is circulated through a membrane until the waste is "flushed" away from the body and then all of the fluid is drained until you need to go again. The physics of water in space would make it ideal for this and pumping fluid would also work because of the elasticity of the undies pressing against the fluid... it would "want" to go wherever a pump let it. Oh, and you don't want to know about some of the other ideas being circulated that include things like actually having a device up in there... eeeks!

Are you happy to see me or is that a bidet in your pants?

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: NASA $30,000 Space Challenge
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 01:38:53 PM »
+1
I'll have to send in my concept for the FTD.  That's a "Fecal Teleportation Device".  It's revolutionary! 
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline GemviperTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 04:33:26 PM »
+1
hehe, people would pay $30,000 just to watch it work I think. You've probably seen the youtube channel called "does it blend?", well, does it teleport?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 04:35:41 PM by Gemviper »

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 03:28:25 PM »
+1
Surgical implants for catheters and *bleep* bags, like having an IV but for bodily fluids/waste in case of emergency.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2016, 03:30:22 PM »
+1
DOH Periods. My system won't work. Damn.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Gardella

• Restricted
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Gardella has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 10:49:15 PM »
+1
hehe, people would pay $30,000 just to watch it work I think. You've probably seen the youtube channel called "does it blend?", well, does it teleport?

Hey, I'd watch that!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 09:14:17 AM by Gardella »

Tags: