Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 1377 times)

Offline qwchrbichnTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • qwchrbichn has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Introduction
« on: June 26, 2017, 01:49:05 PM »
Hello all.

I've been playing UO off and on (mostly off) since '97. I first quit around 2001-ish, then came back about two or three years ago. I took some time off for the birth of my daughter, and will likely take some time off next year for another new arrival.

I started off as a PvM player on Napa the first time and gradually switched to PvP when I joined an guild of antis as a dexer. I wasn't very good, but really enjoyed it anyway. This time around I play mostly PvM as a caster and a tamer on Lake Superior. Sometimes I dabble in PvP with my archer in VvV or with the uptick of reds in Fel T2A since pub 97.

I don't really game much anymore (outside of UO), nor do I keep up with gaming news. I've been retired from the military for several years now, going back to school, writing a fantasy novel, dealing with a baby, and now preparing for another; so one game is about all I have time for. And yes, for anyone doing the math, having kids at my age might lead you to believe that my wife and I forgot where babies come from. Well, we remember now.

Anyway, I'm afraid I've got nothing to contribute since I'm not a scripter, nor have I ever used scripts, but I do have a scintillating personality. In my own mind at least. I look forward to learning at least a little.

Be gentle.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    4.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 03:07:46 PM »
And yes, for anyone doing the math, having kids at my age might lead you to believe that my wife and I forgot where babies come from. Well, we remember now.

This made me LOL, good stuff!

Welcome to SUO! I was Army, what branch did you serve in?

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 03:11:37 PM »

Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline qwchrbichnTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • qwchrbichn has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 04:43:46 PM »
Welcome to SUO! I was Army, what branch did you serve in?

Marines. Hail fellow vet and thanks for the welcome!

Tags: