Author Topic: Needing help with learning to script  (Read 14060 times)

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Needing help with learning to script
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2015, 04:33:27 PM »
You need to start with tutorials and the wiki that I linked earlier. That is the best way to learn.

Offline cybercasperTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • cybercasper has no influence.
  • Respect: +41
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2015, 04:48:02 PM »
I have been trying too sir it is just hard when a lot of the tutorials are written prior to easyuo 1.5 so a lot of commands have been changed/ or don't need anymore  at least from what I read in wikiand I have wiki up when I try and script but even with that being said I can follow along with the ones on scriptuo but being someone that needs to beable to figure it out on his own if not I want to copy and paste it is hard. I do thank you for helping me though I really do appreciate it

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2015, 02:33:26 AM »
Did you go here to the tutorials? http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?board=17.0

Cerveza walks you through making a script, finding things in your pack, checking health status, etc. If you follow along and create the same things as he does it will teach you a lot. I am not a programmer at all, I just started following scripts, reading through subs trying to understand their logic, and then trying to modify scripts to fit my needs. It isn't easy but isn't as hard as it it sometimes feels when you hit a wall.

The big thing to remember is that no one can really choose scripts to help you other than tutorials. Find a script that you like, follow the subs and how it calls for them and what they do. You will start to get a feel for it. Use scripts that you like and that you use quite often, especially smaller scripts. Look through all of the subs that people have posted for others to use. I believe that EN has a ton posted.  ;D

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2015, 04:05:55 PM »
ok thank you I understand that I have to come up with the idea hehe and I will for sure check out cerceza's tutorials. but I cant do the easyuo ones they are outdated it seems like everyone left there and came here. but thank you for all the help mad respect for helping. I know I will still have many questions after this do u mind if I post some more question in here.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2015, 05:02:00 PM »
Not at all, ask away!  8)

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2015, 05:30:03 PM »
so ok question when I am reading cerveza's third tutorial I see he starts to include {} in his scripts but never really explains why he put them in. I know it is used for a statement but how and when will I know where to put them.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2015, 06:06:24 PM »
I don't have a great way to explain it and I am sure others can do a better job but I will give it a shot

Code: [Select]
if C in #charStatus
{
  findItem NUF C_ , #backpackID
    if #findKind = -1
      halt
  set #lobjectID #findID
  set #ltargetKind 1
  event macro 17 0
  wait 5
}

First you always need to close, very important. Second it goes with the statement if C in #charStatus is true then the script will do what is within those then go to the next, if it is false then it will go on. it is hard for me to explain when to use them but after altering some scripts and working on your own, you will get a better feel for it.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2015, 07:15:07 PM »
ok I am done with tutorial 3 and it seems like it is coming together a little bit at a time. still kind of confusing but I have been reading up on everything I can I might tweek that tutorial and try to see if I can figure out how to drop a weapon if I have one in my hand

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2015, 08:50:49 AM »
So I have a question I know the event macro 8 2 will open the status but what do I have to write inorder to moniter that so I can drink a pot like refresh or agility when needed since I don't believe there is a timer for those except for how long they last.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2015, 03:31:49 PM »
ok finished the 5 tutorial and it said the homework was to put in a total refresh pot. so I did and I put 5 of them in my bag and it drank all 5 should I put a wait on them or is there another way

Tags: