Author Topic: Hello ScriptUO!  (Read 1649 times)

Offline HalfMercyTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • HalfMercy has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hello ScriptUO!
« on: May 30, 2015, 07:27:41 AM »
Greetings everyone,

My name's Joe. Just like most of you, I've been playing UO going on forever now. I started on the Atlantic shard in January 1999, quit official UO in November or December that same year, and have been playing on free servers most of the time since then. Years ago, I mostly played a thief because I wanted to enjoy the game but had no desire to either PK or to be PKed. Now I tried my hand at PvP and PKing and did well enough at both, but being good at it still didn't make it enjoyable to me. I didn't "get" until just recently that this simple fact meant I ought to have been playing on a Trammel server, which is what I've been doing for the past two years.

I play UO to relax. It's my mental "rest-place", if you will. My real life is more than a little stressful and tiring, and I need somewhere to go for a few hours to forget the day and just not think about anything. Usually that time is very late at night when I ought to be sleeping. I'm married (5 years) and have two sons (5 1/2 and 1 1/2) and in most ways they're the best part of my day. I am the same person in-game as I am out of it. Laid back and friendly. Non-drama, non-conflict, non-competitive. Even though I've been playing this game for the better part of sixteen years now, I'm still pretty new to the concept of power gaming. My reason for playing was never to be the strongest, richest, or anything-est, so I never bothered with scripts or even advanced macros. At this point though, I've been on the same server for long enough to want to tackle some of the tougher challenges and beef up my bankroll to buy the seasonal deco that staff offers for umpteen million gold.

I'll probably never be much of a scripter myself. I'd love to learn how; I seem to be better than most people with Razor yet it's obvious to me that scripts can be vastly more powerful. That said, if I used the very limited free time I have to learn scripting I'd never have a chance to play the game I was learning to write scripts for. I arrived here because I was chasing down a way to include spaces in a pet's name. It's something I've wanted to be able to do for a long time. Prior to following a link on Google to Redrum's pet name changer, I didn't even know this site existed. I noticed that there's a Bug section here, which might allow me the chance to offer the ScriptUO community a little something more than just thanks. I tend to stress test everything I encounter (to the best of my ability) and every now and then I find weak points. Nothing major or game-breaking so far but maybe interesting at least. I'll also make time to engage in some non-scripting discussion in the Casa De TrailMyx, since apparently I share common interests with a lot of folks here.

That's about all there is for me to say about me. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone. :)

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Hello ScriptUO!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 07:35:02 AM »
Welcome to SUO! I am sure Gimlet or someone else will be along soon to lift your restriction.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 07:43:46 AM »
Thanks for your great introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the site has to offer!

WELCOME!

Offline HalfMercyTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • HalfMercy has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 08:01:09 AM »
Thanks very much and nice to meet you both!

Offline Cush

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Cush has no influence.
  • Respect: +42
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 08:41:23 AM »
Welcome Aboard!

Tags: