Author Topic: [SOLVED] Looting problem..  (Read 5207 times)

Offline TrodeTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Trode has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
[SOLVED] Looting problem..
« on: October 29, 2008, 11:30:29 AM »
Ok so im trying to loot a corpse while my pet is killing stuff but this "DamageNumbers_Gump" coming from when my pet hits a mob keeps messing with my container info.. So im wondering if theres a way to ignore or pass the damage gump.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 10:56:43 AM by TrailMyx »

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Looting problem..
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 11:39:44 AM »
Ok so im trying to loot a corpse while my pet is killing stuff but this "DamageNumbers_Gump" coming from when my pet hits a mob keeps messing with my container info.. So im wondering if theres a way to ignore or pass the damage gump.

What looter are you using for this?  If it's the CLAw, I have a new version we've been testing that pretty much solves this problem.  The existing version does some filtering, but since EA/OSI added the instanced containers for bodies, it's made it somewhat harder to grab the correct container ID.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 11:41:28 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 11:55:24 AM »
Well actually just made it simple :D

finditem YFM G_2
set #lobjectid #findid
wait 5
event macro 17 0
wait 10
finditem POF C_ ,
wait 5
exevent drag #findid #findstack

i guess it would work fine if i used some ready looting script..  ;D

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 12:25:10 PM »
Ah, ok.  Well with your example, I'm not sure why it would matter if the Damage_Gump values would mess things up.  Since you are looking for gold from *any* open container (btw, don't have your backpack open... heh) it should be ok.  The only problem I can see is that you might not be allowing enough time for the container to open before you start your finditem and dragging.  You might want to make your "wait 5" something more like "wait 15".

With the way you coded it, it's hard to determine if the bag opened for you.  So you are left with having to wait for a fixed amount of time.

But I feel your pain with this.  The CLAw can get really slow waiting for the correct #CONTID to pop up when there's a bunch of Damage_Gumps going on.   I've had to get pretty clever with it since I want to be sure my finditem calls are looking into the exact container and not whatever might be open on the screen.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 12:31:23 PM »
Haha i think you solved my problems  ;D
(btw, don't have your backpack open... heh)
I feel pretty stupid for not realizing that :-[

Thanks for your help :P

I removed the #conttype check course of the damagenumbers_gump.. When it was there my macro just passed some of the loots  :-\
Maybe i should check if the corpse is empty before i ignored it..

« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 12:42:34 PM by Trode »

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 12:39:14 PM »
Heh, don't worry, we've all made that mistake before.  You're just among use normal chickens.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 12:50:12 PM »
Ok what i finally done was look for my loots from #lobjectid :P
Now its looting it all :P
And again i feel stupid for not realizing this earlier :D

But thanks again :P

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 12:57:29 PM »
You might want to double check this.  On RunUO, that will work fine, but on OSI this might not work on FRESH corpses because the #FINDIDs will be different.  After about 3 minutes, the corpse will revert to the same #FINDID.  Something you should check...
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Konesky

• Activity:
    0%
  • Konesky has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2008, 03:41:38 PM »
TM You beat me to it...

Was just going to mention about the public/private corpse and their different ID's. I've got a few looters myself and realized this early on. The #findid of the corpse will be the #contid only after the body goes public... Before that its an unpredictable ID.

I guess you've gotten the "search any pack" thing sorted out, something you could do is perform a quick check of what the current container id is before popping the new one, then when the cont id changes it could be used as an indicator that your corpse is now open tho this isnt reliable if you're clicking on screen to different containers or gumps.

Something you might want to toss in there too is just before it searches for the gold, a quick check to see if #condid = #backpackid, if it is try to pop the corpse open again or something.

Something more manually intensive is you can use a hotkey as well and manually hit the hotkey to loot once you're sure your corpse is on screen... my earliest loot script did this back a couple years ago for the halloween event with the ghoul stats... I had a quick and dirty script that would just pop open all corpses and another script on a hotkey to loot when i manually activated it. Not the best solution but it was my first looter and I ended up getting about 20 of each color ghoul statues and hundreds of lanterns lol

There is one thing i never put much thought into that I wouldnt mind knowing... perhaps someone out there has some suggestions: is there any way to monitor a "blue" corpse you don't have loot rights to and pop it (open it) once it goes public without using a fixed timer and ignore commands? but something that still allows you to loot other corpses in between? I never gave it much thought but I wonder if the #findcol changes on the corpse when it goes pub.

Offline Konesky

• Activity:
    0%
  • Konesky has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2008, 04:25:33 PM »
By George I think I've got it!!!

I can't believe it... as the author of many loot scripts, this problem is near and dear to my heart... IE popping a corpse while you still have exclusive rights, and the #Contid is unique from the corpse ID... at least until it goes public. I was fooling with one of my loot scripts today to tweak it for Sicarii when I revisited the idea of how to identify that you've successfully opened the corpse you were after while you still have exclusive loot rights. After a few rounds of killing Sicarii and examining different values before and after I stumbled upon something... something VERY good!

It wasn't that the solution was hiding, I just never looked hard enough before. I was checking to see if the #findcol varied (since the text goes from blue to grey) and even the #findrep value... I noticed sometimes the #findrep value did vary but sometimes it was constant so nothing concrete there. Of course we know the #contid changes but upon looking a lot closer and taking a couple screen shots of all the variables before and after the corpse goes public, I realized I had found the answer! Eureka! I'm quite proud of myself and for anyone else who already knew this, screw you and shame on you for not posting and enlightening the rest of us!

Solution:
While the #Contid's are different while you have exclusive loot rights and when it goes public, the last 5 of 7 digits of the #contid remain constant!! Thats it! A couple simple string commands to parse out the last 5 chars and check if its in the #contid you just popped and you've got a way to distinguish when you've got the right corpse and when its only you who has loot rights!

If #contid <> #(corpse id) BUT %(last 5 digits) in #contid
 you've got a winner!

I'm so proud of myself, this will allieaviate so many of my loot problems, cant wait to get going on revamping all of em lol

-K

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2008, 05:05:07 PM »
Heh, great minds think alike I suppose.

Here's what's in the latest version of the CLAw:

Code: [Select]
    repeat
      set !sample_contid #CONTID
      str del !sample_contid 1 4
    until ( #STRRES in !body ) || ( #SCNT > !temp_cnt )

And yes, it does work well enough... :)
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: