Author Topic: [UO Herald News] May 2010 - Producer's Letter  (Read 8255 times)

Offline Marlboroman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Marlboroman has no influence.
  • Respect: +6
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: [UO Herald News] May 2010 - Producer's Letter
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2010, 10:05:55 PM »
Something like that Twinkle McNugget all though I was just sittin here and had a stroke of Genius... I love it when that happens.  What if instead of idly setting by and doing nothing I get a group of people together and launch an offensive manuver of my own.  Everyone playing OSI servers has seen those damn books laying on the ground at moongates and banks advertising UO codes and so forth to buy crap. What if those books all read Join the Scripting community help us Beat down the Man! at EA.  blah blah blah by joining the scripting community you can have the luxury of training your characters mondane tasks, mining and so forth while becoming a vital integural part of the UO econmy by supporting the player base with goods that they desperatly need.  Wouldn't it be something for them to collect their data and find that 70-80% of their player base uses scripts. HA what a laugh that would be then what could they really do except turn a blind eye to the scripters or sanction EUO and SUO programs to be used on OSI servers. Wouldn't that be a hoot the player base actually forcing them to cave in and bend to our will for a change.

Scrripty

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2010, 10:38:41 PM »
I really don't care what they do.  I'll either continue to script, or I'll close my accounts and move on.  Either way it's not an issue for me.  I don't care if they don't care about my money for my accounts. :)

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2010, 10:42:14 PM »
I think that would be funny, but that sounds like alot of work.... too bad I never finished that script for dropping books around luna for uorus.com.

Oh well.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2010, 11:24:41 PM »
Manwinc you work with uorus?

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2010, 12:18:53 AM »
I used to write scripts for them. Payment kept going down as the scripts got harder.........
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2010, 05:29:22 AM »
Best thing EA should really do is just leave the status Quo alone.

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2010, 05:33:23 AM »
Best thing EA should really do is just leave the status Quo alone.

Asi said the great man.  I agree totally but the 10% of whiners over at stratics think they will keep the servers open for them after the other 90% are gone from the game for scripting or other things.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2010, 05:30:14 AM »
There's a recent patch note that basically said they are going to target specific scripters first.  I'll try to find it and post it.  I believe they are gonna try to go after the people WRITING the scripts. HAHAH Wont that be a hoot.  Cause then the whole economy will crash. :)  Break all the scripts, ban the people writing them, and uo is gone in 1 year.  Max.  I'm layin cash on that.

I want some of that action.  I'm giving 10:1 in favor of UO dying w/in a year of mass EUO bannings/disabling.  The only reason stratics whiners claim to "love" the 2D client is that they are all script leeches.

:)

Offline Marlboroman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Marlboroman has no influence.
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2010, 08:04:59 AM »
I completely agree with ya, all the damn stratics whiners and prolly 90% of them still play 2d so they can scripts and at the same time claim that scripters ruin the game what a load of crap!

Offline onlyindreams

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2010, 12:59:37 PM »
Even if I didn't script, I'd still use the 2d client. I really don't like the way any of their enhanced 2d clients have looked.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2010, 02:03:08 PM »
Even if I didn't script, I'd still use the 2d client. I really don't like the way any of their enhanced 2d clients have looked.

same

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2010, 04:29:45 PM »

That's what all you dirty scripterz say!

:P

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2010, 05:03:38 PM »
I noticed they closed the poll with a pretty lame reason.

But it stood at approx 25% would close thier accounts if scripting was made leagle.  So pretty good turn out considering alot of scripters dont have stratics accounts.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2010, 05:07:49 PM »
Ya, I saw that.  Really the percentage didn't move very much basically 75% of the users just didn't care about scripting.  I'm still a little surprised about that outcome.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline onlyindreams

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2010, 06:38:32 PM »
Ya, I saw that.  Really the percentage didn't move very much basically 75% of the users just didn't care about scripting.  I'm still a little surprised about that outcome.

It could mean that a bunch of people realize that if you ban all the scripters, UO would most likely close down due to revenue loss. So they vote that they just want to play UO regardless of scripting.

Tags: