Author Topic: [UO Herald News] Stratics House of Commons Chat - Thursday, June 3rd, 2010  (Read 8690 times)

Scrripty

I dont get why people complain about speed hacking, if everyone does it, it's all even.  If they take it away, it's still "all even."  No difference.

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
speedhacking today is laughable compared to the real speedhacking of the past.

there will still be people complaining though when its taken away ;p

Very true... I've gotten accused of speedhacking before. I've ran CE twice in the past and it was two months before I was accused. When people have lag or they suck, it's always because someone else cheats.

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
yeah.

i'll miss having CE cause i like the way it makes you move w/ corners, but it'll be nice to take away just another excuse people always make!

and boy will they be mad when we're still playing and killing them even though were supposed to quit when it happens hahaha

Scrripty

Yea I don't get that either, "You'll quit when CE is taken away!"  I will?  It will be EXACTLY THE SAME.  No change except for we'll be EXACTLY even, and honestly I run CE slower than most so I'm a bit slower than most, will work in my favor. hehe

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
I dont get why people complain about speed hacking, if everyone does it, it's all even.  If they take it away, it's still "all even."  No difference.

Well there are a few of us who will never cheat in that fashion.  Taking gameplay out of the normal game mechanics is something I just don't subscribe to.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

I don't think you actively pvp either do you?  Because to even compete, you need to.  Or you don't measure up.  There's been a lot of things through the ages pvpers have had to do to be competitive with the real cheaters.  The old speedhack used to let you run from one side of the world to the other in a couple minutes if your horse didn't fatigue.  So cheat engine isn't that horrible... :)

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
I only tried CE once with a buddy. We took turns turning it on and off and playing with various settings. It does make a difference but not a huge one.

When we were running, whichever of us had CE turned on would "jump" a couple spaces every 8-10, so the other guy would be running beside him, then suddenly he'd be 2 spaces ahead, then 4, then 6... like that. It's not like CE makes you blazing faster then everyone else.

At least we didn't see it when we played with it. Maybe we were using it wrong.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Scrripty

If you're using the newest one, you need to set it to the "classic" speedhack. :)  That works way better than the "new" way.  Some people set it at 20 and 1.  I set mine at 8 and 1.  Just "feels" better.  Plus if I'm gonna cheat, I'm gonna cheat on the low end, so I feel better about myself. haha  I like being the underdog.  Winning against odds. :)

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
I don't think you actively pvp either do you?  Because to even compete, you need to.  Or you don't measure up.  There's been a lot of things through the ages pvpers have had to do to be competitive with the real cheaters.  The old speedhack used to let you run from one side of the world to the other in a couple minutes if your horse didn't fatigue.  So cheat engine isn't that horrible... :)

That's the main reason why I don't PvP.  I'm not going to be forced to cheat to be competitive.  It may not be horrible, but it's against my code of ethics, so I don't do it regardless of what it's candy coated in.  ;)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Because to even compete, you need to.  Or you don't measure up.

That's precisely why those of us who don't like it, don't like it.  It's also a part of why trammies don't go to fel.  Even if they were going to die horribly anyway, it's still discouraging for the non-hardcore types to get outrun when they are pinging 10 or less.  

I might pvp when I don't have to install a program to tweak the game mechanics.  Until then, I'll just farm my resources and suit pieces.  Or jump on a gank with guildies.

;)

EDIT: TM used his super admin powers to beat me to the post!  Speedhacker!!!!111one

Scrripty

Guys, stealthers dont require speed hacks.  Mine does, but you girls could still be helpfull on a non speedhack stealther... *bola* *smokebomb* :)

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Guys, stealthers dont require speed hacks.  Mine does, but you girls could still be helpfull on a non speedhack stealther... *bola* *smokebomb* :)

That's not my style.  I'm a visible, seek, pursue, kill, repeat kind of person.  Until I can play that way again, I choose not to play at all.

Gone are the days of H-xbow/halberd epic battles at the Crossroads for me.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 10:21:18 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Not me, best times I've had playing have been hiding in the shadows and sniping the killshot. Then getting chased around by my own guildmates for doing it.

I'd stalk guys to their houses and kill them while they were logging out....

I'd hover at healers waiting for rez kills....

I'd one shot kill miners! Well kinda two shot - DP'd Shuriken and Concussion Blow. It's fun to watch their scripts try to Cleanse by Fire while I prep my next conc blow. (Para Spam is Fun too).

Yep, playing a Ninja/Stealth Archer (with healing) is a LOT of fun.... I might just have to make another one ;)
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
I guess I'm forever old-school.
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

I guess I'm forever old-school.

Stealthers are near impossible to kill.  That's why I like mine.  The challenge for me comes from playing a stealth FENCER. :)  I HAVE to be in your face to get the job done, and that leaves me vulnerable. heh  More fun for me like that.

Tags: