Author Topic: Avoid 7 day house timer  (Read 10322 times)

Offline gimletTopic starter

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Avoid 7 day house timer
« on: March 01, 2013, 05:56:25 PM »
This was submitted over at AskChopper

This is useful to place houses next to idocs and avoid the 7 day timer.

say the words " i wish to resize my house" next to the house sign (must be outside), now instead of placing in the same spot, you can place a house again avoiding the 7 day timer.

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Avoid 7 day house timer
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 10:44:42 PM »
Sheesh, eight years and this one is still around!

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 12:40:59 AM »
I had to LoL...    I read this thread & then went to stratics to catch up &.....

http://stratics.com/community/threads/house-decay-and-resizing-question.295569/

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 08:37:55 AM »
This was submitted over at AskChopper

This is useful to place houses next to idocs and avoid the 7 day timer.

say the words " i wish to resize my house" next to the house sign (must be outside), now instead of placing in the same spot, you can place a house again avoiding the 7 day timer.

So they are stating you can place in the fallen house restiricted zone by resizing .. but that statics link says otherwise.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 10:22:06 AM »
I think it is for people who want to keep placing a houses next to idocs.
For an account that just places a temperary house today then tommorow then the next day.
I think it just beats the 7 day wait - but i have not tryed it.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 08:30:48 AM »
I think it is for people who want to keep placing a houses next to idocs.
For an account that just places a temperary house today then tommorow then the next day.
I think it just beats the 7 day wait - but i have not tryed it.

Yes, for example if you placed a house the day before at an IDOC, you can go outside your house and say "I wish to resize my house". It will drop that house and then you can go to the next IDOC on your list and place next to it so you can easily drop looted/heavy items there and quickly go back for more. Realistically you should only be allowed to place a house where your original one was but you are not limited to where you place and it avoids the 7 day house placement timer. If you don't do that, you would have to wait 7 days to place again.

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 03:26:56 PM »
This could be extremely helpful over the next few days.  Thanks much Gimlet.

Offline Neo

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Neo barely matters.Neo barely matters.
  • Respect: +155
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 03:32:37 PM »
Does this still work? I tried doing this today on Test Center, and I only managed to place house again on the same region(maybe facet bound?)

I will try more when I can, this could come in very handy indeed!
Never refuse an invitation.
Never resist the unfamiliar.
Never fail to be polite.
And never outstay your welcome.

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2013, 05:19:51 PM »
Last night - the housing tools on Siege stopped working and are now working again. Hope they didnt stealth fix it!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 11:57:42 AM »
Yes, for example if you placed a house the day before at an IDOC, you can go outside your house and say "I wish to resize my house". It will drop that house and then you can go to the next IDOC on your list and place next to it so you can easily drop looted/heavy items there and quickly go back for more. Realistically you should only be allowed to place a house where your original one was but you are not limited to where you place and it avoids the 7 day house placement timer. If you don't do that, you would have to wait 7 days to place again.

now thats more like it -- thanks for the fuller explaination... wasnt understanding before
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Rup

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Rup has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2013, 11:38:41 AM »
I used this trick couple days ago,  When i condomed my house the option to deed it was grey, But i typed that and my house did deed.

Offline cdavbar

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • cdavbar has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2013, 12:54:20 AM »
If you don't do that, you would have to wait 7 days to place again.

Not entirely true.  As long as it was a house you placed (and wasn't transferred to you) you can simply demolish it and it also bypasses the 7 day wait to place again.

Offline Rup

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Rup has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2013, 02:52:12 PM »
If you don't do that, you would have to wait 7 days to place again.

Not entirely true.  As long as it was a house you placed (and wasn't transferred to you) you can simply demolish it and it also bypasses the 7 day wait to place again.

It does help in some situations like when the demolish house option is greyed out, it was something weird with transferring.

Also I've had it place the house with out me confirming before i dont know why or how and if i try to demolish the house it says i have to wait a hour.  i don't know why but i wanted to test it for that as well.

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2013, 03:59:31 PM »
Let us know what you find out!

Tags: