0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • fanglekai has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hi SUO
« on: May 22, 2014, 10:06:00 AM »
I started UO when I was in high school in 2001. Some friends told me I had to play this game where you level up skills and tons of people are online at once. I gave it a shot and I was hooked. Back then I had no idea how to script anything so every action was done by hand. I ran multiple 6x or 7x GM characters with skills I had worked tirelessly, even GMing inscription and poisoning by hand. Guildmates came and went. Eventually the friends who had gotten me into UO all quit. I was left alone for a few months, but I still had the addiction so I continued to play. Then AoS came out and I saw my skills nerfed. Poisoning was no longer as powerful as it once was. Skills were replaced by gear as the main focus. No longer could I run around in a GM iron suit and be competitive. I had no reason left to continue playing so I quit in 2003.

I graduated high school, went to college and graduated with honors, went to graduate school for an MA degree and wasted a lot of time. I had a slew of boring jobs so I decided I had to go back to school for something useful. In 2012 I started an engineering degree program. Since 2003 I had thought about UO off and on. In November 2012 I finally caved in and decided to give it another try on a free shard. I had no desire to raise skills again. I was completely unfamiliar with all UO content from AoS forward, and even most of what I had known about the game had been forgotten in the 9 year hiatus I had taken. I started out on UO Freedom and have made it my main shard. This time around I learned how to use Razor and then UOSteam to make my life a lot easier. The scripts I write tend to be very, very basic for simple things like sorting specific types of gear or casting a couple different spells in a row. My scripting skills are sorely lacking. I know very little about EUO but I run an EUO mining script. Sadly it takes up a lot of system resources and crashes multiple times daily. I've had an off and on interest in learning how to script better. Most recently I've come into contact with UO Stealth. I'm intrigued by the concept of clientless macroing. Mostly I'd like to be able to run 3 or 4 miners scripting without the headaches that EUO has. Unfortunately most of the info I've found on UO Stealth has been in Russian, which I cannot read. If it were Spanish or Portuguese I'd be just fine, but I'm not interested in learning Russian to script on UO.

So as it sits I'm still playing UO Freedom where my characters have 120 in just about everything. I run a mage/dexer hybrid for pvp and for pvm I basically run around with a 1550 SDI suit with a 100% hit spell whirlwind axe or thunderstorm spam. Mining on Freedom lets you acquire rough stones to enhance your gear. What led me here was trying to learn how to use UO Stealth for my miners. That's my main drive at the moment. I saw mention of using UO Stealth for pvp. I'd like to learn it well enough to play around with it for pvp and other things. Mostly my days are filled with studying and working a part time job, with UO on the side at night when I have some free time.

That's me in a nutshell.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Hi SUO
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 04:54:00 AM »
Thanks for the intro, welcome to the site. Restricted status lifted, have a look around.
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 05:17:44 AM »
Welcome!

Offline SolidSnake

• ScriptUO Guild
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • SolidSnake has no influence.
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 02:55:40 PM »
Nice intro.. welcome :)

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2014, 10:13:15 AM »
That's me in a nutshell.

Could have just posted a picture  :D
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2014, 10:45:17 AM »
Welcome to ScriptUO and thank you for your intro.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2014, 04:09:51 AM »
Welcome to SUO!

Offline Cush

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Cush has no influence.
  • Respect: +42