Author Topic: So you want to be Elite?  (Read 8739 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
So you want to be Elite?
« on: June 09, 2009, 02:25:56 PM »
+1
I've received LOTS of PMs regarding how one can become Elite here at ScriptUO.  So I created a separate guide about how you can accomplish this.

These are the things we look for in new users and perspective Elite members:
  • Minimum 60 days registration here at ScriptUO
  • Demonstrated script usage and aptitude.
  • Post count and consistent posting during that time.  This makes you an "Active" participant.  Inconsistent participation will definitely be impact your consideration.
  • Higher "Activity" rating.
  • Contributions to script submissions, script snippets, walk-thrus or player guides
  • Disseminate expert knowledge about playing UO to the members.  I.E.  You don't have to be a script author to enjoy Elite.
  • Positive Karma (Forum Karma, not RL Karma.  I'd fail the RL karma criterion.  heh)
  • Bringing new members to ScriptUO
  • Constructive feedback for scripts here at ScriptUO
  • Preferential consideration for script authors.  Hey, we're ScriptUO afterall.
  • Adult and mature interaction with the site and its visitors
  • Staff must like you.  If you are a likable person and promote a positive attitude, you'll have no problems here.
  • Remember, it's a dictatorship here.  We love democracy and promote it, but Admins still have rule.
  • Quoting Elites/GMods/Admins in your siggys. :)

These are things that detract from your consideration:
  • Requesting/asking/hinting to be Elite
  • Bad behavior in shout box or posts
  • Offering to purchase Elite status This is NEVER for sale, includes donations. We do/will not accept donations.
  • Spam posting useless information
  • Use of bad language in shoutbox or within posts
  • Backtalk or publicly contradicting a staff member
  • Bickering or abrasive behavior
  • Staff reserves the right to overrule anyone's candidacy.

Finally, it's up to the Elites themselves to nominate you.  So it might be best to "hook up" with one of them and help out in a project of theirs, or just generally brown-nose them until they submit your name.  We'll apply the above criterion and make a decision based on consensus assuming there is no strong objections from the rest of the Elite corps. I.E. "That guy scammed me out of my Lucky Bracelet!" Being a GM Brown-noser just isn't enough.

We have very high standards for our Elite members.  So once you become Elite, you must strictly adhere to the site rules.  You must treat other members of the site with respect and let the staff members handle any site rule violations.

Regaining lost Elite status

On occasion, Elites will go away long enough to lose their Elite status.  If this happens, and you intend to return to the game and participate again, please PM a GMod or Admin.  We'll consider your re-admittance without the normal drama.  If you've lost your Elite status for other reasons, you probably shouldn't be asking to return without a great excuse.

Regaining lost Admin status
Just PM TrailMyx and say "Hi".

Modified 10/9/2016
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 10:18:11 PM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: