Author Topic: Indiana Jones and the Yada of the Yada yada.  (Read 20461 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Indiana Jones and the Yada of the Yada yada.
« on: June 28, 2008, 08:05:13 PM »
+1

There's not much I can say about this one except you should probably keep your movie money, and walk over to your local wishing well.  Turn around, and throw your money over your left shoulder and "wish" they made a movie that didn't stink quite so much.

Rating: Dreaded 1/2 possum

TM
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 11:21:09 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Nicar

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Nicar has no influence.
  • Respect: +20
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Indiana Jones and the Yada of the Yada yada.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 08:34:09 AM »
+1
Woowhoo, glad I haven't seen it, actually never been one to see them movies anyways, even as a kid. and Harrison Ford, isn't he like 80?

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 12:31:19 PM »
+1
Woowhoo, glad I haven't seen it, actually never been one to see them movies anyways, even as a kid. and Harrison Ford, isn't he like 80?

Well, still he was the only bright part of the film.  George Lucas simply has lost all recognizable aptitude for film making.  What's worse is that Steven Spielberg directed this mess and I'm sure he was sitting through the dailies wishing this wasn't going be added to his directorial credits.

George Lucas dreaming:

".... *mumble* INDY!
....*mumble* crystal.....
*mumble* sombreros .... err, *gurgle* no, not cliche enough
*mumble* skull!  ahhh, well, I like *mumble* sombreros more.
*mumble* *gurgle* aliens! Sombreros! ahhh, skulls it is
*mumble* sidekick!  Hayden Christensen *gurgle* Academy award!! *wood*
*mumble* how to best *gurgle* my last lame sidekick?
*mumble* Nuclear Veapons! *gurgle* frozen popsickles
*mumble* *gurgle*  <hugs ET doll>" 
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 01:28:32 PM »
+1
TM,

You ruined the movie for me now!  :'(

I knew I shouldn't have clicked on this thread. :P

There was a funny feeling I had about this movie that made me not go see it in the movie theatres even though I'd been dieing for them to make another one for years and years now. First red flag was the plot and the name of the movie just didn't give me a good feeling. That and the fact they didn't bring back Sallah played by John Rhys-Davies. Then Sean Connery opted out.

Then when I saw the trailer release I was thinking to myself don't go your going to be disappointed. And now I click on TM's thread thrashing the movie.

I guess in the end they waited too long to make another one and I don't know why they had such problems comming to a script all the big players involved could agree upon. Raiders is till my favorite of the three and they are without a doubt some of the best damn movies EVER made!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 02:58:15 PM »
+1
Well I always recommend going to see something like that just to get a persons opinion about it.  However if you have high expectations, I would lower them a few hundred notches.  But I would be interested in hearing your input. 

But I apologize for dashing your hopes.  But in this case, I saved you $10 plus popcorn, so there is a definite bright side!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 05:12:06 PM »
+1
I was just kidding about you ruining it ;D George Lucas will see to that...

I'm not running out to Blockbuster to grab the DvD but I will buy it on Pay Per View when it comes out...save some gas  :P

Then I'll come back here and leave some feedback.

I do agree that George Lucas has lost his magic for making movies. I thought Starwars I-III were awful. I guess that's why I don't have high hopes for Indy IV.

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 05:28:08 PM »
+1
I do agree that George Lucas has lost his magic for making movies. I thought Starwars I-III were awful. I guess that's why I don't have high hopes for Indy IV.

I thought the 3rd one was the best. It's the climax of all 6 movies.

But back on topic, I thought Indy 4 was good but nowhere near as good as I was hoping/expecting. Lucas/Speilberg are going too much towards computer effects and getting away from the more realistic puppets and makeup effects that helped make them.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 10:39:16 PM »
+1
Actually, I did like the 3rd one the best too.  The 2nd one was just about as horrible as the 4th (err, well the 4th sucked worse on the suck-o-meter) but I would have to give the second one another 1/2 possum.

The thing that #2 and #4 had in common were REALLY LAME sidekicks.  However, you can't beat Sean Connery; even George Lucas can't screw that up.

Edit:

Oh, you're talking Star Wars...  Lol, well I liked Indy 3 very much.

SW3: well it had its moments but after a while I just couldn't stand it because I just kept hoping for a resurgence of that "feeling" you got from 4-6.  In the end I appreciated the whole explanation of Darth and his fall from grace, but I didn't realize his fall actually was from slipping on a banana peel discarded from Jarr-Jarr.  Yeesh, side-kick disasters.

Don't get me started about the problems of 1-3.  I'll bore you to tears.....   ;)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 10:48:51 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 10:06:56 PM »
+1
Oh, the best thing that Star Wars 1-3 created was more than enough cannon fodder for the Robot Chicken guys to create the Star Wars Special. 

If you don't know what this is, you are lame and live in a hole.  Get it! See it! Love it!
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2008, 10:02:42 PM »
+1
FYI:

Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2008, 11:40:15 AM »
+1
That was funny.

BOO on you for knocking Shortround he was a great sidekick in Temple of Doom. I thought he was hella funny...

And The Empire Strikes Back was the best! Was ranked one of the best sequels ever next to Godfather II. It gets my vote as well...

Wow is all I can say. I-III can't even compare in any way shape or form to IV-VI.

Once again I find myself outnumbered and in the minority. :'(

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2008, 12:08:25 PM »
+1
I can't stop!  Here's more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDHskF-DCnc
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 01:31:48 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2008, 01:34:06 AM »
+1
I fixed the second link since it's worth watching....  ;)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2008, 01:37:50 AM »
+1
lol Adult Swim Rocks!
actually.. Cartoon Network Rocks!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2008, 01:44:32 AM »
+1
lol Adult Swim Rocks!
actually.. Cartoon Network Rocks!

If they could only get Futurama back, then it'd be perfect.  Futurama on Comedy Central is just wrong, plus they mess up my TiVo timing.
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: