Author Topic: Cheers from an old UO Scripter  (Read 1214 times)

Offline X3n0Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • X3n0 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Cheers from an old UO Scripter
« on: November 19, 2020, 10:54:50 AM »
Hi all!
Nice to see around active community about UO and scripting.
I started playing UO in the far 2004 and continued essentially playing on Zulu Hotel shards. My favourite UO habitat :)

I've always had an admiration for Ultima Online scripters in the unofficial shards where I played for many years when I was young, so I started not only playing but also coding essentially on POL emulator and a bit of RunUO.
I've been staff and player in Zulu Hotel shards like ZHCanada, ZHItaly and Fantasia shard... I miss it a lot those times, I miss the times playing UO with my friends, macroing like a fool and go hunting!
I think that UO has no rivals, no matter graphics, no matter old times, the adrenaline and freedom that this game offers is incomparable.

Thinking a lot about restart playing sometimes... Sometimes I give a look at my scripts packages to refresh my memories as scripter, and my screehshots collected in these years with my guilds. I loved playing among the Chaos virtues but also as PK and raiding people in dungeons.
How many equips lost in Destard...  :-\

Today I'm a developer also in my real life. Started coding for fun and now it's also my job.

Cheers from an old UO addict player, staff and developer :)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 12:20:32 PM by X3n0 »

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Cheers from an old UO Scripter
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 01:14:29 PM »

A Very Warm Welcome!

Our only requirement to be part of this site is for new members to write a good and thoughfull introduction.

Before we will unrestrict you - you need to tell us a lot more!

Please greatly expand your introduction and tell us about yourself and your UO life.

Look at the sticked examples if you need insight.
I think you will find the effort required to write a four or five paragraphs will pay off with this community!

(Use a translator program if you feel you can not write in english.)

Offline X3n0Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • X3n0 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2020, 12:03:52 PM »
Hi Gimlet! Thanks for your welcome :) I edited my presentation, hope you'll find it in line with the rules of this forum.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2020, 06:04:57 AM »
Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2020, 06:39:34 AM »
Welcome to SUO!

Tags: