Author Topic: Strange Bug on my Son's PC  (Read 3588 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Strange Bug on my Son's PC
« on: November 22, 2009, 05:48:29 AM »
I'm running this taming script, and after I kill off a tame I *sometimes* get the death animation. Sometimes I stay frozen in place with the deathshot (like horse raring up) and the tame is in something like the 1st frame of the kill animation.

If I item check it, shows up as XG (bull) and I can drag the stat bar off but it has nothing in it. If I go offscreen, then come back the animal is lying dead and it shows up as a corpse (XFG).

It's really playing havoc on my script... it finds the item type (XG) after I kill it and it's standing there, so it tries to tame it again.

In this picture I'm running around this bull and it just stays in that pose, when I ran off screen and back it was lying dead.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
pusing cows.GIF
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Strange Bug on my Son's PC
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 08:30:46 AM »
wow that's crazy.  never had that happen lol.

is frame skipping checked? 

Scrripty

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 08:37:07 AM »
wow that's crazy.  never had that happen lol.

is frame skipping checked? 

I doubt it would be frame skipping.  Sounds to me like you need to reset euo and the client.  Does that seem to help?

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 08:46:02 AM »
Nope, no help. Going to remove and reinstall.... I'll post up the results.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 08:49:48 AM »
boo :*(

my friend had a weird issue with uo lately.  His screensize went like 50% of what it should be.  He tried changing the options but it don't do anything lol.  He sent me a screenshot of it and it's crazy small!  Sucks cause he's not pvping w/ us because of it & we really need him! lol.

Seems UO is acting up on some people lately.

What OS is he using?  My friend is using the new windows7 i think.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 08:52:59 AM »
WinXP. It's worked just fine, even within the last week. I set it up to macro some stuff and saw this happening.

I have a UO:SE disc so loading it now, then the 4 hours of patches :(

Offline cgeorgemo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • cgeorgemo has no influence.
  • I'm Brian...cgeorgemo is Curious George Missouri
  • Respect: +19
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2009, 09:05:38 AM »
WinXP. It's worked just fine, even within the last week. I set it up to macro some stuff and saw this happening.

I have a UO:SE disc so loading it now, then the 4 hours of patches :(
I had the exact same thing happening to me at the bottom of fan dancer dojo. Stuff was dying halfway and freezing. Played hell with looting.
I didn't do anything to fix it. It was better the next day. Might have been some latency issues.
Sarcasm is your body's natural defense against stupidity.

Scrripty

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2009, 09:25:27 AM »
Sounds like it's something they did.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2009, 10:06:18 AM »
I thought I was the only one that installed from UO:SE... it might be faster if you just download the new client (Not Enhanced Client), and install it from the HD.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2009, 12:24:07 PM »
Ok, installed and same issue. Will copy over my char configs from my PC and see how that goes.

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2009, 12:34:21 PM »
I had some graphic issues shortly after SA release. Try the download from uo.com. I did that and haven't had any issues since. I think it's ML on there.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2009, 01:24:09 PM »
In that taming script, put a little bit more delay in between the time you kill the tame and try to scan again.  Same problem happens with looters.  Not sure why it's pronounced on this computer.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2009, 01:38:12 PM »
Well... it is on a wireless and my wife was watching videos online and my son was playing XBox online, so maybe home network congestion.

I'll play with it later on.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2009, 07:45:58 PM »
In that taming script, put a little bit more delay in between the time you kill the tame and try to scan again.  Same problem happens with looters.  Not sure why it's pronounced on this computer.

Also try adding in an Ingoreitem <TheBullID>  command .. so even if it finds it .. it ignores it.. but sounds like megga lag.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: