Author Topic: Throwing spot for training.  (Read 8293 times)

Offline CanukerTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Throwing spot for training.
« on: December 19, 2012, 06:32:56 PM »
I know that there is a spot where you can train throwing from in the abyss targeting the slimes but I do not know where to stand.  Does anyone know and can you provide the spot or a picture?  I will go again and see if I can find it but any help is lovely.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Throwing spot for training.
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 07:22:42 PM »
i teleport across to the south west corner and throw from there

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 08:16:28 PM »
Well there is the info I must have been missing...teleport...wow, that makes me feel like a newb  :'(

Ty.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline Trixta

• 69 Forever!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Trixta has no influence.
  • Respect: +29
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 11:10:53 AM »
I usually walk right up on the ledges you don't even have to tele if you don't want to.   Walk the wall and it puts you on the east or south ledges.

Just stand on the overlooking tile and the slimes won't get to you.

Then just assemble a simple Target and Attack loop and come back in 24-40 ish hours and be 120 :P

If you need help or want me to show you don't hesitate to Holla at me!!!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 11:24:43 AM »
my problem was that tactics stops gaining while weapon skill goes to 120.  all depends on how high you want tactics to be

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 01:58:02 PM »
A)  Highly Recommend tame/release of a Cu sidhe outside your doorstep, and training throwing from inside your house.

B)  Canuker still needs to tell me where that avatar gif originated.

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2012, 02:55:58 PM »
Cant you still do it on a golem if you have a tinker to heal?

Offline TheRudeX

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • TheRudeX has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2012, 03:30:14 PM »
I don't think the tinker will heal fast enought, but I have 2 ideas

1) A level 6 spell weaver healing the golem with gift of renewal I think will heal fast enough
2) Dryad Allure a frost troll. I belive those have 100 pois resits still and will work well for gains but does require 2 accounts and like 100 spell weaving

and # 3 I just thought of when I was proof reading my post is put the golem on a 2nd account with a pure bard running the provoke songs? I forget which ones heal the party members and pets but with 480 bard skills it heals like 16 hp every 4 secs or something crazy like that
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 03:32:54 PM by TheRudeX »

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2012, 05:52:39 PM »
100% Energy/ Cold Weapon for Throwing or Archery Weapon against a Cu Sidhe. Buy training up to 30-40 skill level, put on a ring  and bracelet with +13-15 Archery or Throwing. Goes without saying but I'll say it anyways: Once you gain 25-30 skill points take off the jewelry as it's no longer needed.

Place a Cu Sidhe on a boat while you stand on another boat or on the shore or vice versa.

Cu Sidhes heal themselves. Just make sure you strip DI off your suit. I usually train in the buff. You don't want to load up on DI while training. The lower the damage the better.

I've already trained 120'd 3 throwers and 1 Archer...took about 20 hours roughly.

I still have to redo 2. Hard to get motivated after the revert.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2012, 06:54:22 PM »
I tried to get a dog but its been so long I forgot you need to be an elf to tame it. 

I forget where the gif came from, I got it from that other forum the wife and I visit.  I posted a thread asked if she was better than my old one which I linked a longer youtube video of her...yummy.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2012, 07:21:35 PM »
A Script to Cycle the Cu Sidhes would be Nice.

Now that they are Nerfing Golems, it might be time for some scripts for training Weapon Skills by other means. I know I used to have a script for doing skeletons in covetous path years ago.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2012, 08:21:19 PM »
I tried to get a dog but its been so long I forgot you need to be an elf to tame it. 

I forget where the gif came from, I got it from that other forum the wife and I visit.  I posted a thread asked if she was better than my old one which I linked a longer youtube video of her...yummy.

A dog? A Cu Sidhe is no dog! How dare you refer to a Cu Sidhe as a dog!

Goto New Maginica and check the pet stalls and see if anyone has a "dog" for sale.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2012, 08:26:56 PM »
A Script to Cycle the Cu Sidhes would be Nice.

Now that they are Nerfing Golems, it might be time for some scripts for training Weapon Skills by other means. I know I used to have a script for doing skeletons in covetous path years ago.

All you need is 1 Cu Sidhe it will take you to 120 and approximately 90 tactics. No script is needed for Archery or Throwing other than making sure you don't log out.

Melee skills is another story. Lots of those farming scripts you can raise your skill while you farm resources at the same time. Arrow Farmer or Leather Farmer. It's so much easier choosing what to fight with the + skill jewels.

C2's Farm-O-Matic is a great tool to use gain skill while farming.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2012, 09:08:07 PM »
I will only come back to UO when Ultima transfers his blaze Cu Sidhe to me. ;)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2012, 09:25:04 PM »
I will only come back to UO when Ultima transfers his blaze Cu Sidhe to me. ;)

Ultima, dude - that is totally worth it.  Need you to take one for the team here.

Tags: