Author Topic: so, this exedus quest and collecting items with thief  (Read 4784 times)

Offline _C2_Topic starter

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
so, this exedus quest and collecting items with thief
« on: January 18, 2013, 02:24:54 PM »
so, this exedus quest and collecting items with thief

What does everyone know about the collecting of quests items on a thief with remove trap and detect hidden.  i heard there are chests that you can detect and and remove trap.  what are the difficulties and is it worth the trouble?

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: so, this exedus quest and collecting items with thief
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 04:36:02 PM »
OK
Just a theif can steal from exodous zealots (red guys) - you get an exodous item every now and then and get some gold most of the time. But every now and then i get taint or diseased bark etc.
The blue guys have always given me gold.

If you have detect at gm just walk around till you get a message that your keen sences have....
when you get that use detect and you will find a box close to you. On Siege i have to use lockpick and then open it and take the blast (or use remove trap). Following someones advice i do it in stone form so as not to get poisoned. in box will be gold, gems, exodous item (sometimes) and essence of pression etc

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 05:58:34 PM »
OK
Just a theif can steal from exodous zealots (red guys) - you get an exodous item every now and then and get some gold most of the time. But every now and then i get taint or diseased bark etc.

If you have detect at gm just walk around till you get a message that your keen sences have....
when you get that use detect and you will find a box close to you. On Siege i have to use lockpick and then open it and take the blast (or use remove trap). Following someones advice i do it in stone form so as not to get poisoned. in box will be gold, gems, exodous item (sometimes) and essence of pression etc

how often are do the chests respawn and are there a lot of them?  any system to respawns?

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 06:06:35 PM »
OK

how often are do the chests respawn and are there a lot of them?  any system to respawns?

Chests appear to be random.  I can't discern a pattern.  I know where you're going, and I like it...but I've been trying for a week to discern a pattern in casual play and I just cant.

There is also the annoying fact that the monsters down there can (infrequently) reveal you, and you can't recal back in with your loot.

EDIT:  Also, can anyone confirm that you can get all the Exodus pieces from the boxes?  So far, I've only got altar, rite and robe...

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 06:40:33 PM »

[/quote]

Chests appear to be random.  I can't discern a pattern.  I know where you're going, and I like it...but I've been trying for a week to discern a pattern in casual play and I just cant.

There is also the annoying fact that the monsters down there can (infrequently) reveal you, and you can't recal back in with your loot.

EDIT:  Also, can anyone confirm that you can get all the Exodus pieces from the boxes?  So far, I've only got altar, rite and robe...
[/quote]
Ive gotten a dagger also

Offline NObama

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 07:20:23 PM »
Yay - thanks, Gim.

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 02:14:50 PM »
OK

how often are do the chests respawn and are there a lot of them?  any system to respawns?

if you smoke bomb when revealed and wait until timer up to start moving again... is that enough to avoid constant rerevealings

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 04:55:23 PM »
I use an invisiblity potion when required!

Offline NObama

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 05:47:12 PM »
Stone form solves a lot of problems.  Mostly, you can't get poisoned, which means you pop the first trap, pop the second trap, hit your hide macro and you're safe to loot the hidden box.

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2013, 06:34:42 PM »
Stone form solves a lot of problems.  Mostly, you can't get poisoned, which means you pop the first trap, pop the second trap, hit your hide macro and you're safe to loot the hidden box.

i was thinking of running remove trap which i trained on all my accounts with my odd ball skill trainer

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2013, 08:56:57 PM »
I die a lot using remove trap if not in stone form.

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 06:04:57 AM »
I die a lot using remove trap if not in stone form.

yikes ... okay.  do you need focus for that to be effective?  how high does myst have to be for that to be effective too
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 06:13:04 AM by _C2_ »

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2013, 06:48:44 AM »
I always run as high of focus as i can but not sure if it is a requirment for stone form.
My template is

Myst         120
Focus        120
Detect      100
Hide        100
stealth     75
lock pick 100
mage       105 (+15 spell book)

other usefull skills ninja at 50

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2013, 09:02:13 AM »
Yea Gim that template is almost identical to the one I used to farm wands.   I wrote a script that farms locked spawning chests for wands & only keeps the Greater Healing wands with 70+ charges etc.   Sadly I only had to run it for a week to meet all my needs for ages to come & flood the local market.   I think I did make a point of including HP Regen on the suit though & if I got blew up enough that another chest would perhaps kill me then I'd just tell it to wait till hp > whatever etc.

Offline NObama

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2013, 09:46:59 AM »
Great minds think alike.  That is my template exactly, except the Ninjitsu which I needed to stone off to a different character.  I really miss the smokebombs...

Tags: