Author Topic: Recalls causing freezes - anyone found any timing solutions?  (Read 6542 times)

Offline _C2_Topic starter

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Recalls causing freezes - anyone found any timing solutions?
« on: January 18, 2013, 06:00:29 PM »
what is causing these annoying things.  i even get them on occasion when i just am playing myself and not scripting.  is there a way to lessen them in scripts?

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Recalls causing freezes - anyone found any timing solutions?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 06:28:19 PM »
Not as far as I've seen. I'm going to play with randomizing the CLicks a little bit and randomizing the wait times after the book opens and in between Clicks.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline KaliOfLS

• That's "Dr." Kali to you!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • KaliOfLS has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 12:22:10 PM »
I've entered the recall freeze without scripting.  :D

I think the issue is that you try to move before the server catches up.

I think you need to add a wait after you use a book.  I have, and I think most scripts,
wait for your #charposx/#charposy to change then it assumes you've recalled.  I think those numbers can change, then your script tries to move or do something, and that bugs the client.  I think if you add a wait after the check for recall success, you should be good to go.
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 
^ real life signature for sure

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 01:34:47 PM »
I've entered the recall freeze without scripting.  :D

I think the issue is that you try to move before the server catches up.

I think you need to add a wait after you use a book.  I have, and I think most scripts,
wait for your #charposx/#charposy to change then it assumes you've recalled.  I think those numbers can change, then your script tries to move or do something, and that bugs the client.  I think if you add a wait after the check for recall success, you should be good to go.

thx.... i was wondering if it was the movement afterwards.  really any command right after the recall can seem to do it. 

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 04:58:02 PM »
Concur.  I just managed to reliably reproduce it on a lagging connection.

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 06:15:06 PM »

i wonder if that is why you are dying sometimes

Offline KaliOfLS

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 06:25:02 PM »

That happens if #hits < 0
:p
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 06:37:28 PM »
If your Hits are Less than 0, Something is wrong... You are Beyond Dead.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline KaliOfLS

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2013, 06:46:06 PM »
If your Hits are Less than 0, Something is wrong... You are Beyond Dead.

Bah! Logic sign issues always plague me.

Actually, there were a few times, in dire times, I've seen my hits hit 0, and yet, get that heal off just in time.  So that's interesting.
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2013, 09:42:49 PM »

Haven't died in 5 days!  Woot!

Offline JoO

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • JoO has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2013, 10:26:03 AM »
I just started playing UO after a multi year hiatus. I have been experiencing a recall "crash" as well. I wrote a script to farm a certain type of monster, loot them, recall away from reds and grays and bank my loot. I have tried to watch my script to debug the issue but I guess the watched pot truely never boils. I usually set it to go overnight come back the next morning and my UO client has completely dissapeared as opposed to the traditional greyed out crash screen I have seen from bad exevent execution. I have a 3 second delay put in after I arrive at my recall destination but I still get the crash every night.

Is this the same type of crash you guys/gals are having? I am using windows 7 64bit playing on a runuo server. I am using S7's recall sub.  I am using "move" to position myself once I reach my destination. I wonder if I am hitting a world save at times.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 10:36:21 AM by JoO »

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2013, 10:34:41 AM »
No, I was actually getting a client freeze that caused the character to not move and an eventual time out.  I was not actually getting client crashes.  With all the lag in UO of late.  drag drops could easily be causing some of these crashes

Offline JoO

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • JoO has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2013, 11:39:07 AM »
hmm. I haven't seen that. My client is completely gone as if I hit altf4. My issue always seem to occur at one particular location. Which just so happens to be the only place I move my character. I am going to experiment with spamming the keys the EUO move command uses and see if any of them will close my client. I guess I could also just change it to pathfinding.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2013, 07:23:01 PM »
The Recall Freeze is Caused by Recalling Across Server Lines(Confirmed). I have scripts setup That Work Within Certain Server Lines and never Freeze at All.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2013, 08:59:38 PM »
The Recall Freeze is Caused by Recalling Across Server Lines(Confirmed). I have scripts setup That Work Within Certain Server Lines and never Freeze at All.
fascinating!  Thx for sharing.

Tags: