Author Topic: Ultima Online & Nightshift  (Read 795 times)

Offline AnvilTopic starter

• Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Anvil has no influence.
  • Patience is a virtue.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Ultima Online & Nightshift
« on: January 28, 2024, 07:35:59 AM »
+1
SUO Community,

I want to take a moment and express my sincere gratitude for the endless reading material you all provide this lonely night shift worker! If it were not for this site, I would have surely drifted off into dreamland on a nightly basis, only to franticly wake in a puddle of my saliva (saying saliva makes me want to farm Mel keys).  *script idea*

I have spent the last few weeks plugging away, reading the mountains of information herein; both old and new alike. I have read the most basic articles involving script tutorials right up to Trailmyx's cat passing in 2014. My condolences.

Fewer things in life have given me as much joy as UO has, scripting has always added a fun depth to the whole UO experience and the community here still has a presence.

To all of you who have toiled endless hours both in game and out in hopes of bringing a new layer to the UO world, your efforts are noticed and appreciated even in 2024.

The common thread among gamers today is that UO is dead. I humbly disagree and encourage anyone reading this post (if you are not already) to pick up your mantle once again, light the nostalgic fire that once burned and visit your land of Ultima Online!

Thank you to all for the work you have contributed and shared, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading articles here and will continue my endeavor to learn from you all!

Anvil
« Last Edit: January 28, 2024, 07:37:44 AM by Anvil »

Klingon:
'ach qorDu'wIj vIsaHbe' jIH'e'.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Ultima Online & Nightshift
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2024, 03:07:08 PM »
We're just glad that people still find this site useful.  There's still quite a few freeshards out there that seem to be well-attended. Running around on OSI shards still seem to have many players too.  UO might not be the most flashy game these days, but for nostalgic-sake, it's still one of the best. 

I can't believe it's been 10 years that Hammy has been gone.  Man, it seems like just yesterday.  Sheesh!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: