Author Topic: New Auction House  (Read 2347 times)

Offline TidusTopic starter

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
New Auction House
« on: August 28, 2010, 09:03:34 AM »

Good Morning everyone!!!

Just wanted to get on and tell you about the new website i have been making.  IT is an Auction house.  I am also allowing the sales of UO items on there.  The reason i am able to do this in comparison to eBay is that i am making all sales a contract between the buyer and seller.  If you are a seller who screws someone over... then i will ban your account.. if you are a buyer who screws over a seller, the same comes.  I will continually monitor the site.  I am introducing a live chat option so that i can do customer support.  Probably will be mainly ran by my wife.  I will be seeing if any brokers would be willing to post on my site.  Just remember the site is RL money.

Bid On Me is the website name.  http://bidonme.biz

please visit atleast and let me know what you think.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
Re: New Auction House
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 01:42:39 PM »
Maybe for UO sales, you should require a seller to hand over the item to you to hold until the auction ends, then when payment is made, and verified, you can give the item to the buyer or some system like that
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 03:23:43 PM »
Unless something like this is implemented it could come to a tragic end I beleive.

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 09:30:41 PM »
Yeah.  I was thinking about that earlier too.  Problem is i am not around enough and people will want it right away.  That is why i am trying to get some UO brokers in on that portion. Atleast the ones i know i can trust.  It is a hard thing to do..becuase it is no different than any other auction.  You hope that when you pay them they are giving you the correct item and what you bid on.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 06:07:56 AM »
I have been on the majority of your problem. Back 10 years ago maybe a little less I was a broker and there where a lot out there that where bad people and that is why there became a need for brokers of pixel items. The business mellowed out as ebay starting disallowing uo items to be sold on there web site and this caused me to just close up shop.  If the need is big enough I am willing to ressume broker status.

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Mind Blown
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 08:53:22 AM »
I don't know how big the need is.  I know with the websites of common sellers it might be a little lower. Because they are able to come to a one stop shop for it. The only difference is that it is a fixed price.  And brokers love that rather than having to worry about not being able to make their amount back from bids.  That is one nice thing about reserve pricing, which i think i might be lowering the cost of that just thinking about it for the UO side.

Also, if you know anyone who does Auctioning on eBay it would really help too, to spread the word.

Tags: