Author Topic: Vacation House Rental sites recommened by SUO members  (Read 2339 times)

Offline CanukerTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Vacation House Rental sites recommened by SUO members
« on: February 05, 2012, 05:16:45 PM »
I was reading 12x's comment about renting a house over a hotel room and wanted to start a thread to throw sites which members have used and can recommend.  I've used http://www.cottages4you.co.uk/ staying in suite number 25680 last year and in July we will stay in W42612 for a few weeks.

I was thinking more for a vacation as, IMO, once you have rented a house or the like for a vacation a hotel seems like a rip off if you plan on touring.  Disney, mexico etc or something like that might be the exception.  

I gave a edit to the subject to define it better.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 08:07:24 PM by Canuker »
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: House Rental sites recommened by SUO members
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 06:42:45 PM »
Houses or Apartments?

The problem with the housing sites is they aren't updated and many of them you call on are already full.

In the US recently I used hotpads.com, craigslist.com, and zillow.com (but you don't know how recent their information is). This was for "renting" mind you in the US.

Zilllow has some homes for rent occasionally by "the owner".

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
Re: House Rental sites recommened by SUO members
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 08:01:18 PM »
My wife and I currently rent our townhouse outside of Washington, DC. We searched a bunch of different sites, but found that realtor websites (we used Realtor.com and longandfoster.com, just make sure to pick "Homes for Rent" when searching) and hotpads.com were the best ones. As for looking for a rental "home" for a vacation, my wife and I used vrbo.com and homeaway.com (both are owned by homeaway I believe) to book out week-long honeymoon. Was definitely a great experience and can recommend the site to others!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline SolidSnake

• ScriptUO Guild
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • SolidSnake has no influence.
  • Respect: +34
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Vacation House Rental sites recommened by SUO members
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 08:36:43 AM »
I use the vrbo.com web site. Very good.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Vacation House Rental sites recommened by SUO members
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 04:35:28 PM »
I use the vrbo.com web site. Very good.
yup, http://www.vrbo.com and, my other favorite, http://www.homeaway.com. The one we're in right now was via HomeAway, good luck through both sites so far.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Tags: