Author Topic: What's the Best Online Game?  (Read 17560 times)

Offline ZurgTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Zurg has no influence.
  • Respect: +10
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
What's the Best Online Game?
« on: April 04, 2015, 09:25:05 PM »
I've play Xbox and Play Station online some, but the main question is computer online games close to UO. I'd played UO mainly the whole time, I did play StarWars for a little while. Is WoW any better or any other one out there? Yes the bull is alway thinking the grass is always greener and tastier on the other side..
Just glad to have a blast

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: What's the Best Online Game?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 10:02:52 PM »
WoW gets old quick, as do many other games out there. What draws one person to a game may drive another away. You have to look at what interests you and go from there. Many games also have a free trial period to test out the game. That would be your best opportunity to find out for yourself.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 04:57:10 PM »
Final Fantasy II?

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 04:59:27 PM »
The first online game I ever played!

http://www.realmserver.com/

Offline ZurgTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Zurg has no influence.
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 06:59:10 PM »
I was mainly just curious what everyone though of other online games. :P
Just glad to have a blast

Offline Wiper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Wiper has no influence.
  • Respect: +8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2015, 02:26:00 AM »
The first 2  Diablos

Offline HalfMercy

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • HalfMercy has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2015, 09:50:21 PM »
The only games I've ever played that came close to UO were pen-and-paper Dungeons and Dragons and the Elder Scrolls series (Daggerfall, Morrowind, et cetera). What they all have in common is the open world. You're free to go where you want and do what you want no matter how long you've been playing or what your skill level is. If you want to go get yourself killed by a god or godlike monster as a newbie in any of those games, you can manage it. Now I haven't tried every other MMORPG out there but I've tried a handful of the more popular ones and I just didn't get the same feeling from them. They all seemed (in varying degrees) more linear, guiding me along a preset path instead of letting me carve my own.

I wanted Elder Scrolls Online to be legendary but I beta tested it and for various reasons I feel that it fell far short of its single-player predecessors. If I were prepared to fork over thousands of dollars all at once to play an MMORPG, I'd probably do Shroud of the Avatar. It seems pretty incredible but at the same time it's pay-to-be-awesome and I couldn't play as a peasant without constantly getting jealous of all the big houses and coolie stuff that I didn't buy.

tl;dr - My two cents is that UO is still the best online game and nothing else compares. SotA looks great but I'm not a huge fan of paying for internet, paying for subscription to a game, and then having to pay even more for all the cool/best stuff in the game.

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2015, 01:38:20 AM »
EVE Online

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Tags: