Author Topic: Guitar Hero vs. Rock Band  (Read 2292 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Guitar Hero vs. Rock Band
« on: August 26, 2009, 12:21:58 AM »
Ok, so I've been playing quite a bit of Guitar Hero.  Heck, I've even pre-ordered GH-5.  Before I voice an opinion about what game is better, I like to play both franchises first.   So here's my synopsis:

Q:  Which is harder?  GH-3 or RB.

A:  This is easy.  Guitar Hero is MUCH harder that Rock Band.  PERIOD.  I can say this without hesitation because there's still one song I'm stuck on in GH on "HARD" level, but this evening I completed Rock Band on "EXPERT" level without dying once.  It's kinda sad that I already beat RB, I just got it today.  :(  If anyone tries to tell you that RB is harder, they simply haven't played GH.
----------
Q: Which has better graphics?

A:  I'll have to give this to Rock Band.  I like the feel of the playing area.  The characters are not as "rendery" as GH, but they are a bit out of focus, to that might be why.  
----------
Q: Which has a better user interface?

A: Trick question.  If we were talking about GH-3, then it would edge out RB.  However, if you talk about anything else GH, it sucks.  Rock Band UI just seems more professional and polished.
----------
Q: Which has the better guitar?

A: Easy answer.  RB guitar sucks booty.  Squishy POS.  Thank goodness on the PS2, you can use a GH guitar with RB
----------
Q: Which has the better songs?

A: I guess this is subjective to taste, but I kinda liked the Rock Band songs better.  Your mileage may vary.  They both have Iron Maiden, but RB doesn't get good marks because they don't have Muse.  Rush/Tom Sawyer, BOC/Don't fear the reaper,  and Boston/Long Time make up a bit.
----------
Q: Which has the best overall playability?

A: I might get more used to RB, but I think that GH is a bit smoother playing.  However, I love the notes on RB where you know what you can hammer-on/pull-off by the sizes shown.  In Guitar Hero, you kinda have to guess.  Thankfully GH has smoother playability because some of the songs are freaking hard.

I'm not sure what else I can say at this point.  Frankly, I liked them both.  But I get more play out of Guitar Hero just because it's just more challenging; I've been playing it for months and have been nibbling more and more of the songs.  If I can come into RB and dominate it in just a few hours, that's not a good thing.  Thank goodness it was only $7.  :)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 12:24:45 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: