Author Topic: moving lobster traps into a stack  (Read 2185 times)

Offline rbestoneTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • rbestone has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
moving lobster traps into a stack
« on: May 17, 2013, 05:52:09 AM »
i joined this board a few months ago and have been puttin off coming here to ask for help, until now. i know nothing of how to write a script and didnt want to bug everyone for help all the time. so the last few months i have been copying scripts, stepin through to see how and why they work.
for better or worse i have decided to write a lobster trap script for my first one. so i looked at the different ones, found things i like about each. and copied and pasted them into one workable script...sort of. (i know this aint really writing a script, but we gotta start somewhere) i am using UOAssist to drop the traps into water, then the script takes over. it will empty traps and move the catch to my packy. the problem im having is uoassist doesnt see the freshly emptied traps, unless they are moved and/or restacked. it seems uoassist sees the freshly emptied traps as something else. so im needing help to restack the traps inside my pack at end of script before uoassist drops next round. i thought just closing and reopening my pack to refresh would work, but it didnt. i wrote a sub to drag all traps to paperdoll pack, but it doesnt stop moving traps inside my pack (its like a bad pollock joke)... or maybe there is another way to refresh what uoassist sees is in my pack.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: moving lobster traps into a stack
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 09:10:06 AM »
If you insist on using UoAssist (pun!) try typing in game
                     -help

(Assuming you have nothing mapped to the - key)

this will give you a list of the UOassist functions not normally used by people (I use them all the time)

But if I were you instead I would just use

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=6423.0

The best crabber ever!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 03:00:41 PM »
while its a really cool script with tons of bells and whistles, at the most it will only drop 10 traps. With UoAssist i can drop 16 at a time. i dont wish to recall all over the world...just crab/lobster trap.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 05:35:33 PM »
but did you try the -help command to see if there was a command to help you do what you want - otherwise I would switch to Assistuo and mothball uoassist

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2013, 07:41:51 PM »
i did try the -Help command but found nothing that would work. but now i know its there Thanks!! after 3 days of hope and poke with a copy/paste here and there, i finally got the script to work by just adding a box to my pack and have it drag the freshly opened traps to it.

Tags: