Author Topic: Random thoughts about my pvm script.  (Read 32054 times)

Scrripty

Random thoughts about my pvm script.
« on: July 24, 2009, 11:04:51 AM »
This is a message between Paulonius and I, but he's been busy, and I need some input. :)  This is about advanced pvm bush/necro/dexer tactics.

Ok some thoughts on counter attack.  It works fine.  Messes with the other specials a little, and doesn't play well with evade/confidence.  Uses pixel scanning to activate.  So it's a toss up.  I see how it works with lightning strike.  It turns ls off when you activate counter.  That part works fairly nice.  You miss a few more ls' but the bonus of hitting back when getting hit hard then parrying is good.  I still think I like confidence better, because you don't have to activate it every time you get hit.  You just turn it on, it lasts 15 seconds or so, then turn it on again.  Less is more especially when you get almost the same benefit.  There's so much going on in the script already, that turning something on once every 15 seconds is easy to implement too.  This one you have to turn on every time you get hit basically... it's a toss up.  Confidence is better imo, cause you can set up emergency evade.  I'm going to use pixel scanning I think for a LOT in this script.  Be a pain to setup, but if you set it up right, it will OWN any script out there.  I can put logic on for evade, when emergency evade is active, it will "know" and not cast anything that will interrupt it for 8 seconds to give you that time to get healed and such.  Does that make sense?  Like do pixel scanning on the evade icon, and when its active, have it return out of the confidence sub until the evade isn't "active" anymore... also do that for counter attack.  It interrupts evade also.   If I have too many of those tho it will make the script way complicated for people. :)  Should that matter?  Gimme some thoughts.  I like the way pixel scanning works tho, compared to the buff bar scanner.  It works well.  Once it's setup tho and working, it's just amazing to watch. :)  My guy is straight wrecking miasma's atm, not even a HINT of danger from dying to them.  Unless I do something stupid like switch weapons by hand while I'm fighting to test another one out.  I've died a few times doing that. haha  Also, pretty much any weapon works.  I've used total crap and lived fine.  I'll work on some logic for evade/confidence/counter to see if we can get them working better together.  I think I'm going with the emergency evade only idea tho.  That seems to be the key here.  Same with confidence.  How does, evade for 6-8 seconds, then confidence up to emergency health percent, then back to counter attack sound?  I think thats the way to go in a heavy damage situation... where you are hurt bad.  Always defaulting to curse weapon when it's timer is up tho for sure.  I'm trying to keep everything health related working with one variable !EmergencyHealthPercentage, but I might add another... make it way more complicated tho.  Any ideas on that?  I could add a variable for every health related item to give the user REAL control over it all, or leave it set to one variable, that controls ALL health related options.  Maybe that's options for the free compared to the Elite version. :)  I think in the end, complete control over your options is the way to go.  I'm loath to dumb the script down because people can't figure things out...  I pvp so I like tons of options and things that work well.  If everythings pre configured for the script when people use it, and they screw it up, I can't support that. :) Thoughts?  Also, I'm considering doing a check for lowered stats to eat an apple.  Instead of trying to scan the buff bar, why wouldn't just eating an apple when you stats are lowered worrk?  I haven't done much thinking about it, but that should work?  hmmm
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 11:15:58 AM by Scrripty »

Offline Rn

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Rn has no influence.
  • Respect: +15
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Random thoughts about my pvm script.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 12:37:33 PM »
it seems to me that your putting too much emphasis on confidence. i mean, its nice, but if your relying on that to heal you then something is wrong. i personally want to be hitting as much as possible for leeching purposes, so id take counter attack and not necessarily even worry about confidence. i get that you want to put it in the script so people have the option but id personally let it take a back seat to counter attack

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 01:03:49 PM »
I disagree RN. I use confidence religiously along with counter attack when I'm fighting Top Tier Monsters. There is no delay when using confidence and it heals through poison so why not employ it?

Also if your playing a template without Parry Counter Attack isn't going to be of any use. And there is still the chance of missing your strike on a counter attack.

I don't think confidence is used enough. It's just a matter of putting the proper sequence of moves together in a certain time frame to optimize the use of confidence.

I haven't tested the script because I'm still playing with C2's Juggernaut but if the timing is right Counter Attack or any special for that matter shouldn't be exclusive to confidence. I've altered C2's script specifically to use Confidence and it's working wonderfully.

Scrripty

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 01:07:48 PM »
I've been using both non stop testing the script, and confidence seems like the better choice.  You do know how confidence works right?  Confidence gives you a health and stamina regen boost, PLUS if you parry while its active, you get stam and health back...  Counter just gives you that one hit back if you parry, and ONLY lasts for one hit.  Confidence lasts for 15 seconds... so in a scripting sense.. and even maybe in real world testing, I bet its all around better for constant use...  You'd have to see my script in action to understand.  I don't think counter is nearly as good.  I'll test it some more though just based on your suggestion.  It really is nice, cause you get that extra hit, but its WAY too iffy when you're low on health.  You have way more healing potential with confidence... Unless you're fighting something that does area damage and would interrupt the healing.  You can use confidence every 2.5 - 3 seconds too, which is a hell of a lot faster than hoping you parry when you're low on health...?  Just my 2 cents.  I'll throw a picture up of the menu so you get an idea of what I'm working with.  Everything is selectable on the fly on/off.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 01:10:58 PM by Scrripty »

Scrripty

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 01:22:08 PM »
Here's a picture of the menu.  Everything in yellow has been implemented.  I've done my best to make sure all the options work together intelligently.  So say if you turn on Curse Weapon, the script pretty much assumes that will be your main form of healing, and all the subs default out to that when it's timing is up, basically always casting that first when it's timer goes off.  I'm still adding logic to do the same for a few of the other things, but since my char is a necro/bush dexer, I'm concentrating on that first. :)  Also, the drop down for evade, lets you select full time evasion, like one after the other, and emergency only evade which is controlled by !EmergencyHealthPercentage variable which is a percentage of your health that you set in the script.  I like that way actually, because when you're low, evade goes off first (unless the timer for Curse Weapon is up), then it confidences you up to emergency health percentage, then goes back to whatever it was doing, that seems to work VERY well.  One other thing, the box under the lightning strike dropdown is just a WS Mana Check box that allows you to set lightning strike, or any special, to do a mana check based on a percentage of mana that you pick in the script.  I might change that to be able to set it explicitly tho.  Cause I want complete control to the mana point of when my specials go off or stop. :)  Best to set that to one point above your highest mana cost special/skill/spell, in a low mana leech scenario. :)

« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 01:33:11 PM by Scrripty »

Offline Rn

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Rn has no influence.
  • Respect: +15
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 01:28:27 PM »
dont get me wrong, confidence is def a good ability and is much better if u dont have parry. but counter attack seems more practical when fighting high end bosses with a whammy/sampire.

when your low on health and one swing away from death (assume evasion on cooldown) do u want a slow health regen or a counter attack swing that hits for 80+ and gives u a nice chunk of health back?

when your low on stamina do u want a regen or do u want a chunk back from counter attack? (total refresh pot is better than both for stam tho)

Scrripty

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 01:38:11 PM »
Sure, but the only way you're gonna GET that big chunk of health back when you're low is *IF* you parry while counter is active.  That's a big if when you need that health now...  I see your point, but have you seen confidence go off for you 3 times in 6 seconds and seen the regen you get if you parry 3 or 4 times also?  You're at full in a heartbeat.  And stamina...  It's personal preference I guess, this is why I'm trying to get thoughts on it. :)  After 8 hours of testing at miasmas tho, non stop killing them, 4 hours of confidence and 4 hours of counter, I died once with counter, didn't die at all with confidence.  Same settings.  Could be luck, could be confidence is better, would take more testing. :)  Oh yea, counter attack IS in the script, that's an old picture of the menu. :)  I had the spell timings on the right side of the menu too, on the bottom, but I um, messed up that version of the script, and um, lost it all and didn't have the heart to put it all back in yet. :)  I'll get to that eventually.  Anyone wanna take a stab at making me a seriously good menu?  That's my attempt at learning menus.  First one I've ever done. :)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 01:42:21 PM by Scrripty »

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 01:39:53 PM »
This looks pretty darn cool!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2009, 03:35:21 PM »
I like that screen layout.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Scrripty

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2009, 03:40:59 PM »
when your low on stamina do u want a regen or do u want a chunk back from counter attack? (total refresh pot is better than both for stam tho)

My script can be set to always drink a refresh pot at a certain stamina percentage. :)  And it's spot on doing it.  The only time it doesn't do it immediately is when Curse Weapon needs to be cast first, or a more important spell is waiting to cast.  Or if your health is below emergency health percentage.  Then it will do whatever needs to be done first, and drink as soon as your health is above emergency health again.  One other thing, most everything is adjustable at the top of the script.  The menu just selects what you are doing, but the variables are all changeable inside the script.  There's a TON of optimizing that can be done for your own personal character.  I have it setup very generically and set to run with most templates but it can be tweaked and tweaked.  :)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 03:56:19 PM by Scrripty »

Scrripty

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2009, 03:46:40 PM »
This looks pretty darn cool!

I've been TRYING to get your guys on board... haha  Ask Paulonius, I think he likes it a lot.  You seriously need to see this thing go... One of the really great parts about it is the ease of testing new tactics/suits/weapons with it.  Just toggle anything you want and see how she goes...  so everyone knows, I HAVE NOT TESTED CHIV HEAL AND CURE. :)  I don't use them, and probly wont ever use them for pvm.  I'll make them work as good as I can, but they wont ever get the same treatment as the other skills/spells because they are target based, and I'm trying to stay away from using anything with targets.  Plus they'd only be really usefull with lots of fc/fcr and thats hard to get on a bush dexer and still have the mods/resists/stats you want.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2009, 04:31:41 PM »
Very impressive menu!  You certainly have a lot of options.

Scrripty

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2009, 05:16:15 PM »

Thanks guys, I can't wait to let you guys try it out.  8)  It's a lot of fun to watch, and it works GREAT with The CLAW. :)  I need to watch someone taking down something like a Cu to get a better idea of tactics.  I don't see the fun in fighting those things...  Anyone able to do some HIGH HIGH level spawn wanna let me tag along? :)  SOLO only.  If you can do it SOLO I wanna watch and see your suit. :)

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2009, 05:36:01 PM »

Thanks guys, I can't wait to let you guys try it out.  8)  It's a lot of fun to watch, and it works GREAT with The CLAW. :)  I need to watch someone taking down something like a Cu to get a better idea of tactics.  I don't see the fun in fighting those things...  Anyone able to do some HIGH HIGH level spawn wanna let me tag along? :)  SOLO only.  If you can do it SOLO I wanna watch and see your suit. :)

I don't know if u have this but see if TM could make u a beta section and you can pick and choose who can get in there.  then those folks can always have access to each version and consistently make comments.  I have about 9 pages in comments and it has made my farmer go nuts.  Management wise that is a good way.  sounds like it is pretty hot based on your energy.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2009, 05:42:50 PM »
We ran out of special project sections and I was lazy in making another.  ( I need to create the section and the group.  Plus rights, etc.)

However, I'm not lazy this evening, so Twinkle McNugget you'll find yourself the only one other than the Elites who can see Group E.  Go ahead and put up what you want there and then send me a list of people who you'd like to have access.  Either me or Cerveza are the only ones who can add/delete group memberships.

So lemme know who you want in.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: