Author Topic: Random thoughts about my pvm script.  (Read 32050 times)

Scrripty

Re: Random thoughts about my pvm script.
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2009, 05:49:32 PM »
We ran out of special project sections and I was lazy in making another.  ( I need to create the section and the group.  Plus rights, etc.)

However, I'm not lazy this evening, so Twinkle McNugget you'll find yourself the only one other than the Elites who can see Group E.  Go ahead and put up what you want there and then send me a list of people who you'd like to have access.  Either me or Cerveza are the only ones who can add/delete group memberships.

So lemme know who you want in.

Just the Elites and Paulonius for now.  I gave Paulonius the script and hes had a lot of suggestions/ideas.  A couple others have asked but Paulonius and I thought it might just be far enough along that handing it out wouldn't be a good idea. :)

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2009, 05:53:02 PM »
Ok, Elites and Paulonius should have access.  Please PM me anyone else.

Do you want this thread moved in there?
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2009, 05:58:20 PM »
handing it out early certainly can be overwhelming if u don't have a ton of time on your hands.  You find out that it isn't as good as you think it is fast when 15 diff templates are rocking it at the same time.  I learned a lot about all the diff strategies peeps were rocking out with.

Scrripty

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2009, 06:18:20 PM »
Ok, Elites and Paulonius should have access.  Please PM me anyone else.

Do you want this thread moved in there?

Naw. :)  I kinda know where the Confidence/Counter argument is going.  Add it all and add tons of options for both... :)

Scrripty

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2009, 12:15:23 AM »
handing it out early certainly can be overwhelming if u don't have a ton of time on your hands.  You find out that it isn't as good as you think it is fast when 15 diff templates are rocking it at the same time.  I learned a lot about all the diff strategies peeps were rocking out with

I didn't want to add any fluff to it at first.  I run an auto attacker/honor script and the claw with it when I'm farming/testing.  It does the rest.  I'll eventually add an auto attack/honor portion as that's pretty important, but it will be after the rest is all done.  You have access, go try it out, tell me what you think. :)

Scrripty

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2009, 12:43:18 AM »
it seems to me that your putting too much emphasis on confidence. i mean, its nice, but if your relying on that to heal you then something is wrong. i personally want to be hitting as much as possible for leeching purposes, so id take counter attack and not necessarily even worry about confidence. i get that you want to put it in the script so people have the option but id personally let it take a back seat to counter attack

I just did the math.  Confidence gives you 1-10 hp's each time you parry at 120 Bush, and 1-24 stamina, each time.  Plus at 120 it can regen 40 points of damage EVERY 2.5 to 3 seconds, IF you aren't interrupted, and its 2.5 to 3 seconds until you can do it again.  There's NO WAY counter can do that that fast.  Counter ONLY works if you successfully parry too.  Confidence works every 3 seconds no matter what.  Confidence wins in my book by those numbers... :)  Matter of fact it's making me want to test emergency confidence as an option.  I still think evade then confidence or counter is the way to go so I'll probly put both those options in eventually.  I was PLANNING on making some tactics dropdowns too.  Kinda like where the script will set itself up for different tactics based on a drop down selection box... not sure if that will happen or not tho.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 01:08:39 AM by Scrripty »

Offline Noobie

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Noobie has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2009, 04:08:18 PM »
Any update on how this is coming?  I looks like it will solve alot of peoples issues when doing PVM the interface is really nice as well.

Scrripty

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2009, 07:25:48 PM »
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 05:02:01 PM by Scripty »

Scrripty

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2009, 04:20:16 PM »
This is just a teaser for those not in the closed testing forum.  If you think you can put some SERIOUS testing time in on this script, let me know and I might see about having you added.  SERIOUS TESTING ONLY.

The newest version is like 92k, around double the size of this.  Wow.  Half of that is documentation tho.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
PaladinNECRO Combat Caster 0.9.txt
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 09:55:59 AM by Scripty »

Offline Rn

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Rn has no influence.
  • Respect: +15
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2009, 05:29:29 PM »
Been wanting to try this out, lemme know if I can help

Scrripty

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2009, 06:04:30 PM »
Been wanting to try this out, lemme know if I can help

My very first "documented" version before I put it up here as a special project is attached to the image above. :)  Go ahead and give it a try, but it's WAY better now. :)  Everything in yellow works on the menu for the old version EXCEPT Apples and Petals I believe.  :)  Have fun with it and tell me what you think of that version.  Maybe I'll strip down the most recent version and see about putting it up for people to use.  Anyone want to suggest a feature set for the non elite version? :)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 09:39:47 AM by Scripty »

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2009, 09:26:52 PM »
Nice lookin UI, Twinkle McNugget!
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2009, 08:12:47 AM »
I haven't really had the time it will take to redo a new menu.  I'm planning on streamlining it, but I was thinking about finding a way to add a dropdown menu, I know there's a way, I've seen it, but adding a dropdown that has a ton of useless info on it.   Amount of times multiple monsters have been killed.  Time since script started.  How many times each spell is cast.  How much tithing has been used... whatever I can think of actually.  I thought it might be fun to see a ton of useless info.  I wish you could invoke a second menu from the same script seperate from the first. :)   I'm really not looking forward to streamlining that menu though.  Ugh.  I need to add momentum strike too.  I've never used it, but I hear its great.  I'll get on that.  I'm going to spend some time after that tightening everything up to work better.  Some of the things dont work as well as I'd like.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 09:45:19 AM by Scripty »

Scrripty

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2009, 10:25:40 AM »
Here's an interesting little problem I'm having.  Hopefully you can help me here TM.  This is my lightning strike sub that checks if ls, primary, or secondary need to be toggled.  I added feint to the lightning strike menu option because I figured people would only want it to work with that.  Anyways, this works ok, but the problem I'm having is that when I toggle feint, I do a journal scan right after, which seems good, but the feint doesn't always hit, or too much time goes by and the scan completes before the feint actually hits, so it has to wait for a whole nother cycle to find the text in the journal that triggers a successfull feint...  or a spell casts that untoggles the feint, you get my drift.  So I get double toggles of the feint special until the feint trigger text is found in the journal.  Any idea on how I can improve that? :)  I have the #lpc for that journal scan set to 200 like you suggested.  What happens is when it finds the text, it just sets the timer to 7 seconds for feint, and if feint timer is active or > than #sysTime, it defaults back to lightning strike.   I also get some pauses before ls kicks back in sometimes.  Not sure why.  I'm guessing it's scanning multiple times for the trigger text before it finds it and slowing things down a bit there.  Also, if 2 feints hit in a row, it really drops the mana to nothing.  They are EXPENSIVE to use.  With 28 mana and 32 lower mana cost they cost 13 mana I believe... and 2 in a row is a pain.  I'm pretty sure most people will barely have enough mana to do 2 in a row and if they DO it will really suck the mana dry.   Hope that all makes sense.

Code: [Select]
 sub lsSpecial
    menu get specials
    IF #menures = 1
    {
      menu get 16
      IF #menures = #TRUE && !FeintTimer < #sysTime && #mana > !PrimaryMana
      {
         SET !CombatType 35
         SET !CombatSpecial 0
         SET !savePix 2
         gosub exec-ls
         gosub TM_AdvJournalScan feint VALID_ADVANCE baffle_your_target_with_a
         if #RESULT = #TRUE
           SET !FeintTimer #sysTime + 7000
         RETURN
      }
      SET !CombatType 15
      SET !CombatSpecial 149 ; lightning strike
      SET !savePix 1
      gosub exec-ls
    }
  RETURN

I'm actually going to move all this to the primary/secondary toggles for specials to be more "intuitive" when a user sets it up in the script.  But the problem will still be the same. :)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 10:40:15 AM by Scripty »

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2009, 11:16:50 AM »
I've found that if you really need critical journal scanning, you should sync after you do your scan so you don't miss anything while EUO is actually executing one instruction.:
Code: [Select]
         gosub TM_AdvJournalScan feint VALID baffle_your_target_with_a
         if #RESULT = #TRUE
        {
           gosub TM_AdvJournalSync feint
           SET !FeintTimer #sysTime + 7000
        }
        RETURN
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: