Author Topic: Random thoughts about my pvm script.  (Read 32042 times)

Scrripty

Re: Random thoughts about my pvm script.
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2009, 11:40:35 AM »
I moved them out of the LS sub to the Primary and Secondary special sub, that makes more sense, as you will be using weapons that have feint as a Primary or Secondary ability.  Now you select Feint on the menu, and Primary or Secondary ability to toggle it on depending on weapon.  Also doing the scan BEFORE toggling the special should help to catch everything and eliminate any double toggles right?  We'll see, i'm off to test. :)  I need to add in a lightning strike tho to get it to toggle LS when its not using Feint.  Oops. :)

Code: [Select]
 ;=========================Primary Weapon Special=============================
  sub execPrimary
    menu get specials
    IF #menures = 2
    {
      menu get 16
      IF #menures = #TRUE && !FeintTimer < #sysTime && #mana > !PrimaryMana
      {
         SET !CombatType 35
         SET !CombatSpecial 0
         SET !savePix 2
         gosub TM_AdvJournalScan feint VALID baffle_your_target_with_a
         if #RESULT = #TRUE
         {
            gosub TM_AdvJournalSync feint
            SET !FeintTimer #sysTime + 7000
            RETURN
         }
         gosub exec-ls
         RETURN
      }
      SET !CombatType 35
      SET !CombatSpecial 0  ; primary weapon special
      SET !savePix 2
      gosub exec-ls
    }
  RETURN
  ;============================================================================

;=========================Secondary Weapon Special===========================
  sub execSecondary
    menu get specials
    IF #menures = 3
    {
      menu get 16
      IF #menures = #TRUE && !FeintTimer < #sysTime && #mana > !PrimaryMana
      {
         SET !CombatType 36
         SET !CombatSpecial 0
         SET !savePix 2
         if #RESULT = #TRUE
         {
            RETURN
         }
         gosub exec-ls
         RETURN
      }
      SET !CombatType 36
      SET !CombatSpecial 0  ; secondary weapon special
      SET !savePix 3
      gosub exec-ls
    }
  RETURN
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 11:44:32 AM by Scripty »

Scrripty

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2009, 12:08:11 PM »
What a pain.  I think this is how it's ending up. :)

Code: [Select]
  ;=========================Primary Weapon Special=============================
  sub execPrimary
    menu get specials
    IF #menures = 2
    {
      menu get 16
      IF #menures = #TRUE
      {
         IF !FeintTimer > #sysTime
         {
            SET !CombatType 15
            SET !CombatSpecial 149  ; Lightning Strike
            SET !savePix 1
            gosub exec-ls
            RETURN
         }
         if #RESULT = #TRUE
         {
            RETURN
         }
      }
      SET !CombatType 35
      SET !CombatSpecial 0  ; primary weapon special
      SET !savePix 2
      gosub exec-ls
    }
  RETURN
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 12:28:34 PM by Scripty »

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2009, 06:25:02 PM »
BTW, I made the same kinds of UIs before I switched to list boxes.  If you do the function selection in listboxes, then you can add/delete functions easily.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2009, 07:20:44 PM »
BTW, I made the same kinds of UIs before I switched to list boxes.  If you do the function selection in listboxes, then you can add/delete functions easily.

I work best with code examples. :)  COPY PASTE!  I've never even used a list box, but I'll look at them.  One more thing to learn. :)

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2009, 07:59:46 PM »
This was the first CLAw, and it was a mess:

When someone came up with something else to add, it drove me nuts because it would break the programmed mechanics.  With listboxes, you just add another entry and another index.  Easy!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2009, 08:54:55 PM »
Oh a LIST BOX.  I have a few of those where they make sense... :)  The problem I have is I'm using this script to FIGHT.  So I have to have fast access to the options.  If you can think of a better way to use a list box for this I'd love to hear where. :)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 08:56:55 PM by Scripty »

Offline Noobie

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Noobie has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2009, 09:00:33 PM »
I am going to try this thing out tonight " i think if i can stay awake after work" ;)

Scrripty

« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2009, 09:11:45 PM »
Don't forget, that's the OLD OLD version.

Offline Noobie

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Noobie has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2009, 09:17:23 PM »
is there a new new version?

Scrripty

« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2009, 09:18:48 PM »
Yea in the Special Projects E thread. :)

Offline Rn

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Rn has no influence.
  • Respect: +15
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2009, 09:23:10 PM »
Started messing with the script tonight... Im just gonna list all my observations as I play

On the titlebar, what is the delay and recovery referring to?

As you said in the header, lightning strike still a little buggy. Sometimes it works flawless, others not so much.

Not very often but sometimes consecrate wep will get stuck looping and thats all it will do/cast for the remainder of the fight, it seems to fix itself once out of combat. Do not have to pause/start script.
(here's a pic of it happening along with my setup incase I have something wrong  http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/5729/testqry.jpg)

Sometimes curse wep will double cast even though the first was successful.

Drinking G Str/Agils worked for a few fights but stopped working as time went on.
-I drank manually out of combat and it then seemed to get the pots to refresh on there own 1 or 2 times and then stopped again.
-I drank both pots again but in combat, same results

Refresh pots threshold is either set very low or not working at all. (keep having to drink manually at around 10% stam)

Your'e preset timing for enemy of one didn't work for me (I know you said in the script its different for everyone) which got me thinking. Would it be possible for you to add in way to define how much karma the user has? Like add in a drop done menu and you choose whether you are Fair, Noble, Glorious, etc.     

Then have it tie into the script such as Noble = 5000 karma (http://www.uoguide.com/Reputation)(taking the low end so it overlaps, but Im sure you can tweak it better). Then with 5000 as the karma variable, have it plug into the following quation: (square root(Karma + 20000 + (Chivalry * 100)) / 1) in seconds (http://www.uoguide.com/Enemy_of_One). And there you have your EOO timer

Just my first observations. Ill mess with it more tomorrow a bit. Let me know if there's anything specific you want tested

Scrripty

« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2009, 03:52:20 PM »
Started messing with the script tonight... Im just gonna list all my observations as I play

On the titlebar, what is the delay and recovery referring to?

It's referring to all my failed attempts to get casting to work correctly by scanning jewelry and adding up fc/fcr.  I just haven't put the time I need to into it.  I'll make those work eventually. :)  I also broke it when I decided to move a lot of stuff out of the casting sub and cast it on it's own.  There's some things you should have the skill to cast 100 percent of the time no matter what.  And I hated them spamming out in the casting sub.  I'm probably going to do that with EVERYTHING just for greater control of how it works and no spammouts.  Remember you ARE using an older version... :)

As you said in the header, lightning strike still a little buggy. Sometimes it works flawless, others not so much.

Again old version.  Lightning strike has been fixed for a long time.  It works nearly flawlessly now. :)

Not very often but sometimes consecrate wep will get stuck looping and thats all it will do/cast for the remainder of the fight, it seems to fix itself once out of combat. Do not have to pause/start script.
(here's a pic of it happening along with my setup incase I have something wrong  http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/5729/testqry.jpg)

Sometimes curse wep will double cast even though the first was successful.

Drinking G Str/Agils worked for a few fights but stopped working as time went on.
-I drank manually out of combat and it then seemed to get the pots to refresh on there own 1 or 2 times and then stopped again.
-I drank both pots again but in combat, same results

Refresh pots threshold is either set very low or not working at all. (keep having to drink manually at around 10% stam)

Old version.  Since you have the kind of setup I need to test it, I'll see about having you added to the special project thread.

Your'e preset timing for enemy of one didn't work for me (I know you said in the script its different for everyone) which got me thinking. Would it be possible for you to add in way to define how much karma the user has? Like add in a drop done menu and you choose whether you are Fair, Noble, Glorious, etc.     

Then have it tie into the script such as Noble = 5000 karma (http://www.uoguide.com/Reputation)(taking the low end so it overlaps, but Im sure you can tweak it better). Then with 5000 as the karma variable, have it plug into the following quation: (square root(Karma + 20000 + (Chivalry * 100)) / 1) in seconds (http://www.uoguide.com/Enemy_of_One). And there you have your EOO timer

Just my first observations. Ill mess with it more tomorrow a bit. Let me know if there's anything specific you want tested

That's a great idea for EOO but there's no easy way to check your karma level, I have looked into it pretty extensively.  It can be done, but it's not important enough to put the effort into it... you should be able to EASILY set your EOO timer the way I've done it in the script... you just add or subtract a little time from the equation and boom.  You're done.  When you're farming you'll get so in tune with your karma and your spell timings after a while that tweaking will be second nature. :)  I set it for fighting Miasmas as they keep me at a Noble or so with how much I cast Curse Weapon.  I'm sure everyone will vary on this.  It's easier to just set your timing yourself.  This is meant to be a fairly advanced tactics script, and I'm not really concentrating on people who cant adjust a setting in a script to use it. :)  If you know what I mean.  I'm sure you know by now using it how much I'd LOVE to have an easy way to check karma, say #karma variable?  Because then I could adjust timings on the fly... wouldn't that be nice? :)

Scrripty

« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2009, 07:10:40 AM »

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2009, 07:22:18 AM »
Very good idea. Knowing what you can rely on to get cast makes a big difference.

Hows Feint working out? I noticed no Counter Attack. Personally, I kind of like CA. It's like a free extra hit to leech from.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Scrripty

« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2009, 09:25:47 AM »
Very good idea. Knowing what you can rely on to get cast makes a big difference.

Hows Feint working out? I noticed no Counter Attack. Personally, I kind of like CA. It's like a free extra hit to leech from.

Counter is on the menu.  And Feint, LS and Counter all work together flawlessly.  Maybe a TINY bit of problem with LS keeping up... but I'll get that worked out.  Also, with all 3 going and the other spells going, mana can be a problem, but that's why I have mana settings for general mana use, special mana use, AND seperate primary/secondary mana use. :)  If you notice, EOO and Divine are in yellow on the menu, because I have 70 chiv.  Rest are all 100 percent tho.  I have limited recasting in, and it works pretty flawlessly now.  No more spell spammouts like before.  That's NEARLY a thing of the past.  I've got a person on board coming up with TONS of suggestions.  And it's going fast now.  Rn was added to the special projects but I'm not sure he's had a chance to test it...  Waiting on his input, he seemed to have good ideas.  Yea look at the menu again Cerv.  I've got Counter and Feint toggled on.  It's a LITTLE wierd how I have it working, but it makes sense if you know how it's used.  To get feint to work with LS you have to click Feint, then select whatever special it is on the LS menu.  Either Primary or Secondary.  It will just start to toggle whichever you select, search for feints journal message with TM's journal scanner, then default to LS for 8 seconds.  I picked 8 because it's a good compromise from 6.  On my template 6 seconds is WAY too fast for feint and SUCKS my mana dry way too fast.  I'm going to make that a togglable timer setting tho.  So people can edit it to whatever they like and is good for their template.  Matter of fact I'll do that now before I forget. :)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 10:00:04 AM by Scripty »

Tags: