Author Topic: TM will you help me with something on one of my scripts?  (Read 1702 times)

Offline CoraginTopic starter

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
TM will you help me with something on one of my scripts?
« on: December 28, 2009, 04:42:02 AM »
My Armor Imbuer located here http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=3182.0

I set it to stop after it is successful in making a piece of armor.  Which is good because it would just keep using resources over and over and waste them.  But here is the problem.

There is 4 targets you have to setup in the beginning, resource, ingot bag in resource, ingot bag in backpack and storage of completed item.

Now in a ton of your scripts you make it so it will save these features and only redo if you want to.  Can you show me a simple way to do this with my script(s) that use containers?  I think it would be so much easier on a ton of people who use them if they dont have to re-click every container when they restart.  Or at the end of the script, maybe I could just have it go back to the armor selection part?  But I would like to have it save just those four bags so you dont have to re-do them every single time.

Is this beyond my skill level to even understand?  Or you think in your wisdom and the wonderful teacher you are you could show me a quick and simple way to do this?
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: TM will you help me with something on one of my scripts?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 11:25:12 AM »
Well you should look at those scripts to get ideas.  ;)

I use two different methods for saving information.  My File handing stuff for when I want to generate a file that can be transfered from computer to computer.  I don't recommend that since it's pretty complex and might be hard to understand. 

I also use the EUO registry and *vars to store information.  Those subs are very simple.  If you take a look at the healer HERE at ScriptUO, you'll find more information on these subs and how to use them:

Code: [Select]
;------------------------------------------------------------
sub TM_GetPersistantVariable
  set #RESULT %1 , _ , #CHARID
  set #RESULT * . #RESULT
return #RESULT
;------------------------------------------------------------
sub TM_SetPersistantVariable
  set #RESULT %1 , _ , #CHARID
  set * . #RESULT %2
return
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES