Author Topic: Problem with updating hosebomer's armor calculator  (Read 2482 times)

Offline kellineTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • kelline has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Problem with updating hosebomer's armor calculator
« on: February 21, 2010, 08:58:31 PM »
K I've been tweeking an old script by adding aprons, shoes, sash, earrings ect

hosebomer's armor calculator

my prob is the new gargoyle stuff. I added the item ids as needed, (putting the leggings in as shoes as thats kinda where they go) ect, but the resist totals Im ending up with arent coming out right

the differences r really weird... this is what i get friend has  70/70/61/55/56 on his bar & i get with script 70/70/55/57/55 so its off cold - 6 ,poison + 2 , & engr - 1 makes no sense.....

I hate puzzles :( & this is irratating the crap out of me
suit_cal 2 is what i revised the original is suit_cal just in case u need that
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 12:19:11 AM by TrailMyx »

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Problem with updating hosebomer's armor calculator
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 12:20:04 AM »
Remember you can't post scripts that are found on other sites.  If you have made modifications to an existing script, then you should just post a list of the modifications, and the link to the original script.  Thanks.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 04:56:06 PM »
oh im sorry :( I didnt think about that

heres the original post on easy uo
http://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=252972#252972

he hasnt updated it since 2006 but he had stated that you could edit in the new stuff
on page 3 he said this
Quote from: Hosebomber
I know it's been a long time since the last post, while I do not actively still support the script (I no longer have an active UO accout) you can add new items added to the game by scrolling to sub set_variables and adding any item types there.

but if i cant post the script I edited & saved how can I get it tested for bugs? cuz its not coming out right

the differences r really weird... this is what i get friend has  70/70/61/55/56 on his bar & i get with script 70/70/55/57/55 so its off cold - 6 ,poison + 2 , & engr - 1 makes no sense.....

cuz I had to add more than just the item ids, I had to add the ids to the sub menus ? is that the right term?

I added earrings, apron, sash & shoes into every slot for calculations for lmc, lrc, phys, ect & added robe, tali & stuff where they werent before even thou it was in some places, but since more mods were added to those they needed to be added to the other topics

adding gargoyles to the char ids

but Im not getting the stats right & I really really hate puzzles :(

Ive cn ur script in the item eval section, & it  works good, but only does myslef

hosebomers just allows me to scan other ppl besides myself & its what I had for years, til I decided to dable with it & update it..(must solve the puzzle , I hate puzzles :( )

« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 04:58:06 PM by kelline »

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 05:08:20 PM »
No problem.  Since HB didn't post that himself on this site, it's really not good etiquette to take the information found on other sites, even if it's abandon-ware.  Now if we get written permission from the original author, then all is good.  Now if there's ever any time when someone wants to get an author on EasyUO to allow us to host a script, have them PM Miffy at EasyUO.  That way I know it comes from the original author.

Otherwise, I don't want to step on any toes over there.  I've already mussed up some feathers, but feathers can be combed back into position.

If you'd like to get it tested for bugs, the best you can do is post over at EasyUO.  Also have people PM you here regarding the script and you can send it to them.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 05:12:31 PM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 04:40:31 PM »
I've fixed it :) silly me had an item id in 2 diff places lol cant say that I have ALL the garg stuff id'd & in it but I can add as I go :)

just happy I solved hte puzzle :)

oh I pm'd Hb on euo & asked him for permision.... & asked him to pm miffy his ok if he desides to give it, with  the instructions u gave for that as well as a link to here if he wants to c what im asking for

Tags: