Author Topic: World Traveler Beta Version 0.9 for FINAL Public testing - [CLOSED]  (Read 15869 times)

Offline SuperslayerTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Superslayer barely matters.Superslayer barely matters.
  • Well what do you drink? Not tea.
  • Respect: +43
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hi all.
Here I go again.

Barring any large bugs, changes, replacement or inclusions, this IS the last update of this particular script that will be posted publicly. If all goes well, My World Traveler script will hereafter be only available via private access for reasons to be revealed at the release of the full Version 1.0 and any thereafter.

In this Beta 0.9 release, there are no character rails or actions, other than selecting items in your backpack, home secure and/or bank box and possibly moving towards one of the many bankers/minters. I'm generally looking for feedback regarding this script's functionality and ease of use and understanding.

My UCI program is not used in this script (yet) however, the Kalocr.txt script is required.  Loads of information and details about this script is in the header, PLEASE take the time to read it before running and asking silly questions :) . I am making an attempt for this to be SUO compatible, and most likely, only SUO workable (for reasons yet to be revealed). The script is so far just over 2000 lines.

As mentioned, this script will not move your character via rail, but will recall to bank/your home ( given you select the option) and look for a banker/minter if selected. The Pause and Quit buttons are not functional (sub taken out atm), loop, Go to islands, and use a boat are in a way non function, but please do use them, and use all the options both in the script itself, and menu choices.

Constructive criticism is greatly appreciated, encouraged along with your basic criticism :) .
Extract the .zip file to your Euo directory

Code: [Select]
; LAST PUBLIC RELEASE !!!! Beta Version 0.9
; Updates include:
;   Corrected issue with restocking bard instruments (again)
;   More Small code improvements in strings
;   Sub to use Runebook charge traveling capability not in TM Runebook Subs
;   Option to use or not use Special bard instruments. Special instruments include:
;      Gwenno's Harp, Iolo's Lute and all Flutes of Renewal. To use these instruments,
;      change the %Special_Instruments value to #True, otherwise set to #False to not use

; Script Name: Superslayer's World Traveler
; Author: Superslayer
; Version: .9
; Client Tested with: 6.0.13.0
; EUO version tested with: 1.5 v148
; Shard: OSI
; Revision Date: 5-07-09
; Final Public Release: Beta 5-07-09
; Purpose: Walk the complete UO world one time from any starting position without
; going over the same area twice. (Aimed at all the possible housing locations).
; Find us at ScriptUO.com & WinUO.org

; Dependancies & Script Credits:
;    Kalocr.txt  --  MUST be in the same directory as EUO is installed AND this script !
;                 Can be dl'd here: http://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=26125#26125

; Special thanks and Credit goes to TrailMyx for his:
;    Advanced Journal Scanner, Runebook/Spellcast Subs, GumpWait & OffsetClick Subs & AddUnderscore Sub
;
; Purpose : Walk the complete UO world one time from any starting position without
;  going over the same area twice. (Aimed at all the possible housing locations).

; ==== Instructions and How to ====
; Begin with your character either in your home or at a bank of your choice
; Have a runebook in your characters backpack. The first rune MUST be your rune home,
;   and any subsequent runes to any bank(s) IF you want.  Multiple banks are supported, however, bank rune(s) are not
;   required in the event you choose not to use a bank as a means of stocking any resources.
; If your magery is high enough to mark, please have a rune available in your backpack for
;   subsequent 'remarking'. This will be used as a 'return to location' in the event of a restock of resources is needed.
; Select your choices in the menu and press "Start".

; ==== What this script Does and Does Not do ====
; This script Does support using a dead character. It Will rez your character if requested and resume the setup if necessary.
;   You can ENTIRELY use this script while completely dead if chosen so. -Not completely implemented yet.
; This script Does NOT buy or make any resources that may be needed. All resources are to be supplied
;   by the user in any of the supported ways: bank secure box, home secure, and backpack.
; This script Does offer options in both the script itself, and the menu for users to change.
;   For internal script options not in the menu, see "User Config Options" below

; ==== Menu Descriptions ====
; Bank Secure : Use your bank secure for resources. i.e. recall scrolls, regs, instruments...etc.
; Home Secure : Use your home secure for resources. i.e. recall scrolls, regs, instruments...etc.
; Go to MSL's : Go to Malas Secret Locations. Assuming you already have marked runes to the locations
; MakeMSL's : Have a runebook with 9 runes in it. These will be remarked. No magery required. Runebook will be renamed.
;                   Having this checked will create the runes enabling your character to go to the Secret Locations.
; Return Rune : Use a rune to return to the current location after restocking any resources from your home/bank
; Go To Islands : If you have some runes to islands otherwise unreachable by walking/riding means, have these in a runebook
;                   no matter the name or order. The script will travel to them one by one from first to last. Multiple
;                   runebooks are supported.
; Stay Dead : Check this option to remain dead if already dead, or if you die along your travels. Keep unchecked to either
;                   rez your character when a healer is found if already dead, or rez-up if you die along your travels.
; Always Run : Check this to have your character run completely, or unchecked to walk.
; Loop Script : Enable this to continuously roam the lands until you log out/press the quit button or whatever. Leave unchecked
;                   to run the script once, and then stop.
; Use a Boat : Checking this will enable your character to go to islands that are otherwise inacessable if there is no rune
;                   currently in the users capability.

Update 5-16-09
Version Beta 0.9 Final Public release
Corrected issue with restocking bard instruments (again)
More small code improvements in strings
Added sub to use runebook charges for traveling capabilities
Option added to either use or not use Special Bard Instruments. They include:
Gwenno's Harp, Iolo's Lute and all Flutes of Renewal. See header for more information.

Update 5-07-09
Version Beta 0.85
Small Menu Adjustments
LRC count sub
TM_TravelFromRunebook & supporting subs
Bug fixed with peacemaking (didn't pick up an instrument if none found)
Eliminated requirement to 'comment out' lines in User Config, replaced with #true/#false
Basic code improvements

Update 3-23-09
Resolved the recall scrolls sub to recharge runebooks
Created a 'library' of runebooks to record what books have already been selected for certain uses
Correctly updated the Vers. number
Fixed my issue with TM's Advanced Journal Scanner
Decided to always change my avatar when posting/updating a script of mine.

Update 3-16-09
Menu additions and picture
TrailMyx's Advanced Journal Scanner
Loads more, too much to mention

Update 1-20-09
Added Skill Menu Functionality - big pain in the ass that was.
Completed the Start, Pause, and Quit buttons

Update 12-18
Added Menu
Cleaned up and straighted up code
put the script as an attachment

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
SuperSlayers_World_Traveler_Beta_Ver_0.9.zip
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 09:58:47 AM by Superslayer »

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Part of my Big script for general testing
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 12:44:51 PM »
Is this ultimatly going to be searching for idocs?

Offline Cstalker

• Google Slut
  • ScriptUO Beta Tester
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Cstalker has no influence.
  • Respect: +9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 07:17:48 PM »
dude i would love to help you but i am a dirty old man and i just tend to stare at your aviatar instead of reading your post  :o

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 10:41:42 PM »
Ya Xclio, completely and utterly unattended.  I have some plans which will need some good thinking out and possibly, completely new ways of using scripts.

@ Cstalker LOL.. ;) I find myself doing the same from time to time.  Just keeping the SUO home page open to watch her dance :P.

Anyhows, please feel free to copy, paste and run this in euo and give it a whirl.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 10:47:08 PM »
Post?  What post?  lol
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 10:17:51 AM »
Leave my girl alone!
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 01:04:43 PM »
Good lord, do I need to change it to this ? :-\ :P

.or...
.NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART !!

« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 01:29:32 PM by Superslayer »

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 02:13:07 PM »
Post?  What post?  lol

I second that

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: Part of my Big script for general testing - BIG UPDATE ! 12-18
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 09:04:27 AM »
Update 12-18
 Added Menu
 Cleaned up and straighted up code
 put the script as an attachment

Not all the buttons are working yet.  The ones that are working are as follows:

Start
Stay Dead
Use a boat
Always Run
Loop Script

FYI, while the boat check is working, there is no sub or script to run it.  Just merely a check and a request.
In the menu, the white block on the botton right is a picture I did not include with the script.  That'll be added in later.
Thank you.

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2008, 12:44:54 PM »
Very cool, hopefully it will come along I will be glad to do some testing for ya, just gotta get myself playing again.  I just started a new job and the first day on I got to pull a 20 hour shift in preparation for a last minute demo lol.  That sucked.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2008, 03:19:59 PM »
Yikes Xclio, I'm about to start a new job as well on the 22nd, hope mine isn't 20 hrs :P
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 03:51:45 PM by Superslayer »

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2008, 03:39:02 PM »
Fortunatly it isn't the norm, the team I joined just happened to be troubleshooting the living crap out of a very very very unstable system (I am in Research and Development and we just started testing a new system out) that our sponsor wanted to see a demonstration of the very next day.  Needless to say my first day was a pretty major trial by fire, fortunatly I am 99% sure that I passed with flying colors as I was able tog et the system stable enough for fairly sucessful demo and our sponsor was impressed by the systems capabilities :)

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2009, 06:17:39 PM »
Update 1-20-09

Thank you to the 3 people who checked out my previous version, one of which was me.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
Re: Part of my Big script for general testing - UPDATE ! 1-20-09
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2009, 07:07:08 PM »
wow, this is running nice.
does this just check near moongates?
or populated area's?

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: Part of my Big script for general testing - UPDATE ! 1-20-09
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2009, 07:20:37 PM »
Currently only moongates, as they are on my radar for the first method of travel, and most basic.  In time it will go to every worthwhile place in the game.  Thank you very much for checking it out Khameleon.  This, in a way, is my first 'real' script.  I've got other things but only silly scripts to replace repetitive tasks.

Tags: