Author Topic: World Traveler Beta Version 0.9 for FINAL Public testing - [CLOSED]  (Read 15874 times)

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Part of my Big script for general testing - UPDATE ! 1-20-09
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2009, 07:23:23 PM »
Khameleon is the script torturer extraordinaire!!  But he's just about the best there is.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline SuperslayerTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Superslayer barely matters.Superslayer barely matters.
  • Well what do you drink? Not tea.
  • Respect: +43
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2009, 07:47:04 PM »
That's great to know, because there is an issue (if ya'll can figure it out) with selecting certain skills and using the Always Run option. Be sure to use and select them the way they are NOT meant to be used :P

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2009, 03:19:13 PM »
I'll have to pull some of those skills off stones to test them.

it ran all the way threw with no problems.  a few times it got stuck on a corner of a house plot, but it worked itself out.

i'm impressed on the walking routine, it wasn't jumpy like other movement scripts.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: Part of my Big script for general testing - NEW ! 3-16-09
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2009, 08:21:35 PM »
Update 3-16-09

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: World Traveler script for general testing - Updated ! 3-23-09
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2009, 09:02:02 PM »
Update 3-23-09
Resolved the recall scrolls sub to recharge runebooks
Created a 'library' of runebooks to record what books have already been selected for certain uses
Correctly updated the Vers. number
Fixed my issue with TM's Advanced Journal Scanner
Decided to always change my avatar when posting/updating a script of mine.

To do:

Place the Offset Gump Sub in script
Resolve #result = #true when spell fails
Initiate the 2nd, 3rd, 4th...  bank rune locations when/if applicable
General review of variable consolidation along with script itself

Down the road to do:

Support for Necromancy, Spellweaving, Ninjitsu, Bushido and most other skills
Lrc and Mana check
Anything else the wonderful people of SUO may suggest

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: World Traveler script for general testing - Updated ! 3-23-09
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2009, 06:39:21 AM »
Downloaded Script and loved how smoothly the character walks.  Not sure what the exact purpose of this Script is, but if it is to check for IDOCs then how are the IDOCs going to be identified?  Will it make a rune in one of the blank runebooks?  Will it notify you of the status of the IDOC?  Does this run in Trammel, Felucca, Malas, and Tokuno?  How is it going to use a Boat?  Do you need to have one in your pack or have a Ship Key in the pack insured?  Will the Script identify the House as Public or Private?  --- My new passion for the game is to search for IDOCs.  When you find one and then actually see the IDOC fall it is like opening a package at Christmas Time, never knowing what you are going to get!!!

Sorry for all the questions?  I am a bit confused as to what this Script actually is going to do when it is completed and I read thru all the threads, posts, and even the header...

ORACLE

Outstanding questions Oracle, thanks for looking.  Not sure what you mean by how smoothly the character walks, as there are no rails, ..unless the script moved towards a banker/minter. It that's the case, yw :) .

On to your questions.
"how are the IDOCs going to be identified?" : This part will mostly be taken care of by TM's Idoc finder/locator.  I've found that his script works beautifully.

"Will it make a rune in one of the blank runebooks?" : TM's Idoc finder/locater finds them, marks a rune to them and logs them in a text file.

"Will it notify you of the status of the IDOC?" : Tm's script has a menu which does notify you of the status.

"Does this run in Trammel, Felucca, Malas, and Tokuno?" : This question is THE one that drove me to make this script. Almost all Idoc scripts require YOU to do the moving. My script does it for you (and a whole hell of alot more!). It takes you to all the possible housing locations on any and all facets. In the User Config inside the script is an area where facets can be commented in/out if so chosen. Don't want to go to Fel? then simply comment it out.

"How is it going to use a Boat?  Do you need to have one in your pack or have a Ship Key in the pack insured?" : The boat sub has yet to really be written. My script atm simply checks if the option is selected. Ultimately, there will be specific places in the world of Brit where the script will automatically place and launch a boat. It also will depend on where in the script the character is. You must have a boat in your pack, and the key WILL be insured once placed.

"Will the Script identify the House as Public or Private?" : Both TM's idoc script and mine will take notes on which are public and private (not that I think it matters). My script also knows what is a house and what is not. As house signs are also in towns and on other structures throughout the world, there are points that can be used to distinguish between what is a real player owned home, and what is not. I'm not sure if TM's script does this (I'm sure it may) but I definately made the effort to accomplish it.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Update 5-07-09
Version Beta 0.85
Small Menu Adjustments
LRC count sub
TM_TravelFromRunebook & supporting subs
Bug fixed with peacemaking (didn't pick up an instrument if none found)
Eliminated requirement to 'comment out' lines in User Config, replaced with #true/#false
Basic code improvements

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Looks good it took me a while to figure out what i was doing and what i needed to do but i am gonna test it some more once i get the time.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Thanks Masscre, I appreciate it. I have a beta with me that I'm almost ready to release where this script will finally do all the things in the menu (minus boating) and go on a few rails. Only two of the skill scripts will be active for the private beta, hiding/hiding&stealth and peacemaking. Other than that, it's nearly 100% complete. So you'll be able to select your travel method, use a skill while 'railing', restock resources if need be, do the MSL stuff and more (special surprises) in the upcoming releases.

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
If this goes to Private Beta I would like to be included, as I have been testing and trying this Script and cant wait until all of the items are fully implememted!

Going to IDOCs is like getting presents for Christmas!
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
hehe, as I type, my character is on a rail walking and using skills, and monitoring Idoc's..there's nothing quite like multi-tasking.  There are a few things I'm gonna add before releasing the private beta Version 0.91  FYI, there will only be one rail included with that release. I've noticed you've been very helpful all over this site Oracle, I'll definitely consider including you.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Final Public Release

Update 5-16-09
Version Beta 0.9 Final Public release
Corrected issue with restocking bard instruments (again)
More small code improvements in strings
Added sub to use runebook charges for traveling capabilities
Option added to either use or not use Special Bard Instruments. They include:
Gwenno's Harp, Iolo's Lute and all Flutes of Renewal. See header for more information.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
I'd like to keep this topic open, with only 2 downloads, I thinks it's still a great script that people may like to help out with.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
You might want to see if there's some other people you'd like to add to the beta pool.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline kenshin87

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • kenshin87 has no influence.
  • Respect: +35
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
so i have been trying to work this script out and it seem to get stuck on the script status: finding Character. I was trying to see if i was doing something wrong in terms of the setup but i did it over and over and still nothing. also i tried to use a chivalry character and it went straight to the ran one complete cycle return home blah blah blah. i used it when it first came out with no problem then i took a break from uo lost all of my passwords and such so this is new account. anyways though thats all i have for now and i will continue to test things out. hope everyone is doing well and hope to hear back.

Tags: