Poll

Without EUO I will

PLay on freeshards
Quit UO all together
Do everything by hand now! (srsly?)
Go outside
Bacon

Author Topic: EUO is gone, where will you go now?  (Read 24518 times)

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: EUO is gone, where will you go now?
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2015, 02:03:33 PM »
+1
look sweet Crome , are you gonna make an aide-memoire for the lower level programmer.  

Offline BizaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Biza has no influence.
  • Respect: +9
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2015, 08:19:34 PM »
+1
Bacon is a requirement when polling. Bacon is a delicious choice that should never be left out. Odly enough its almost always the winner.
Quote from: TrailMyx
These are the things we look for in new users and perspective Elite members:

Quoting Elites/GMods/Admins in your siggys.

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2015, 09:40:10 PM »
+1
OOOOOOOHHH You have an illegal 3rd party program in your screenshot!! I am reporting you!!!

Actually I can't believe that I am seeing WinXP, guessing it is easier to work on it in XP or something? Or...is that the server for RUO?

1) You need Windows XP and Delphi 7 to get this running. Delphi 7 was released 2002 and is not compatible to higher OS.
2) i downloaded ISO from Microsoft and used a legal Windows Key.
3) i used an installation of Delphi 7 (you not get legal on web, but on older Delphi books or via subscription @ Embarcardero) and the official Embarcardero Delphi 7 License they posted 2008
4) You need a basical knowlegde how to install components and add missing searchpaths
5) To simplify it i made a few more batchs wich made it more easy to compile stuff without open Delphi each time
6) Profit

PS :
I read a few times, that i would now be the guy who provide you all with EasyUO, this is right and wrong. I have prepared a VM, where certain choosen individuals will be able to login via remote and make a build.
If they are publishing it here or not is not under my wing.

Offline Katu

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Katu has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2015, 01:21:03 AM »
+1
Setting everything up, including "shopping" of software, took maybe an hour. I did not have to fight with any kind of paths, components installed them self easily, after I realized that there are multiple versions and that my "select all and install em" - method was not working  ::). Updater is nicely made and very easy to use. So, unless something big comes, this is easy to keep up to date. Quick testing also shows, that it actually builds correctly and that its working as expected.

After checking the source code I managed to create C# stuff, that reads memory here and there, I'm curious and always willing to learn more and this is interesting, so I will try to port this to C#. I have full day job ( programming ) and family that needs my attention at times :) , but as a hobby project, zero expectations for releases, but we'll see.

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2015, 01:38:35 AM »
+1
Setting everything up, including "shopping" of software, took maybe an hour. I did not have to fight with any kind of paths, components installed them self easily, after I realized that there are multiple versions and that my "select all and install em" - method was not working  ::). Updater is nicely made and very easy to use. So, unless something big comes, this is easy to keep up to date. Quick testing also shows, that it actually builds correctly and that its working as expected.

After checking the source code I managed to create C# stuff, that reads memory here and there, I'm curious and always willing to learn more and this is interesting, so I will try to port this to C#. I have full day job ( programming ) and family that needs my attention at times :) , but as a hobby project, zero expectations for releases, but we'll see.

Quiete interesting how you got it installed without that the untouched code looks for the searchpath of {$I SynEdit.inc} and fails because the file is on a different folder. Yeah you could get it via copy and paste but more safe is if you add the searchpath.

The source itself is no magic just some stuff is certain knowlegde most uf us not had before.
If you like to script in c# i would prefer using stealth (and maybe my SDK ?:P) instead of wasting time for easyuo and getting trouble once you require to emulate the parser stuff.

Offline Kandie

• Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Kandie has no influence.
  • a.k.a "Granny"
  • Respect: +20
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2015, 07:57:27 AM »
+1
Well I hope  if Cheffe drops EUO, someone here will pick it up and keep it going.  I have made so many friends playing UO and here in ScriptUo Land, both UO and ScriptUo is a world of its own. I probably would still play UO but wouldn't enjoy it as much as I do now. But I'm afraid that if EUO really dies, so does UO and that makes me sad. I havn't tried Stealth or anyother program cuz EUO has been there for me since a friend taught me how to use it like 12 yrs ago. So I don't know how easy it is to use other programs
I wouldn't even care if someone took EUO and kept it running and charged us a lifetime fee, to me it would be worth it.  Just my 2 cents worth..............

Offline Katu

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Katu has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2015, 08:55:11 AM »
+1
Quiete interesting how you got it installed without that the untouched code looks for the searchpath of {$I SynEdit.inc} and fails because the file is on a different folder. Yeah you could get it via copy and paste but more safe is if you add the searchpath.

The source itself is no magic just some stuff is certain knowlegde most uf us not had before.
If you like to script in c# i would prefer using stealth (and maybe my SDK ?:P) instead of wasting time for easyuo and getting trouble once you require to emulate the parser stuff.
Honestly, if I recall right, I just clicked "install component" and selected the D7 stuff to install, packages I guess.

It's not about scripting :) I haven't played UO for long time, but I love programming and this kind of stuff is interesting.
And yes, most of the stuff inside EUO, is quite expected stuff, its the details like finditem, updater etc that I have never had time to research, so that I could accomplish something like EUO. Also, I already have Lua hooked up in C# around the easyuo dll, so now I just have to figure out, how to survive without that dll. I am always trying to learn more and this is fun way to do it :)

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • UO Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2015, 09:35:36 AM »
+1
Well I hope  if Cheffe drops EUO, someone here will pick it up and keep it going.  I have made so many friends playing UO and here in ScriptUo Land, both UO and ScriptUo is a world of its own. I probably would still play UO but wouldn't enjoy it as much as I do now. But I'm afraid that if EUO really dies, so does UO and that makes me sad. I havn't tried Stealth or anyother program cuz EUO has been there for me since a friend taught me how to use it like 12 yrs ago. So I don't know how easy it is to use other programs
I wouldn't even care if someone took EUO and kept it running and charged us a lifetime fee, to me it would be worth it.  Just my 2 cents worth..............

May this enlight you  8) 8)

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
EasyUO-CE.zip

Offline Kandie

• Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Kandie has no influence.
  • a.k.a "Granny"
  • Respect: +20
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2015, 11:31:34 AM »
OMGoodness, are you saying you have EUO working for us?   If that's what your saying Bless your Heart :)  I am so excited think I will do the Happy Dance in my chair  :P ;D  The people here just keep on amazing me on how helpful they are.......I LOVE SCRIPTUO and appreciate everyones hard work and contributions.........

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2015, 11:49:47 AM »
+1

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2015, 03:22:48 PM »
+1
Why do you need win XP ...  I have delphi 5 running in Win 7 no problems.... ??
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline bendel

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • bendel has no influence.
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2015, 04:58:33 AM »
+1
Just use mode compatibility xp sp3 running Delphi and its working.

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • UO Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2015, 05:15:03 AM »
+1

The instruction said it.. Why running a Windows 7 VM for this small thing?

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2015, 05:49:06 AM »
+1

The instruction said it.. Why running a Windows 7 VM for this small thing?

Not running a VM .. cannot be arsed to upgrade  beyond win7.. It works perfectly fine... I know the start button is back in win 10 and some of the horrid stuff of win 8 resolved etc.. but I recon i will upgrade to win 11 !!!!
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2015, 06:51:25 AM »
+1
Well the bonus to going to Win10 right now is that the upgrades free until early next year.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: