Author Topic: Programming Basix  (Read 1480 times)

Offline dxromTopic starter

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Programming Basix
« on: November 28, 2011, 12:37:53 PM »
Check the placement of your brackets. Also, although you CAN use them, you don't HAVE to use brackets with if/else if there is only 1 line to process:

What 12X is bringing up is one of a 100 little syntactical formatting annoyances you'll run into when you script in EUO.  Best thing you can do is look at how other people have their code formatted and try and follow that convention.  Also, code in small bits and test as you go.  If you try and code a huge block of code and you have a syntactical error, you'll spend countless hours trying to find it since EUO doesn't fail execution when it runs into a syntax error.  

I've been seeing things along this manner for awhile now, and it's completely understandable. Some people join the forums with little to no experience with EUO/SUO or even fundamental programming knowledge (IE: General work flow and structuring of a program).

Now I am no expert in any of the aforementioned areas, in the slightest. I am still a beginner, however I believe that I have something to help fellow neophytes in this area. About a year ago I completed a general programming class that taught us the basic logic of how all programming languages function, and from this class I attained a PDF that has helped me greatly and I would like to share it here, and leave it for membership discussion in hopes of assisting the community.

Also, I did not know where an appropriate place to put this would be, so I just stuck it in General Offtopic, however I  am sure one of our suave moderators can find a more appropriate home for this post. :>

http://www.mediafire.com/?rxs1q4057v5bk4h

(Too large to upload in post)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 12:45:55 PM by dxrom »

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Tags: For beginners