Author Topic: Good Morning Folks  (Read 1849 times)

Offline MezmoinTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mezmoin has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Good Morning Folks
« on: February 08, 2013, 12:43:05 AM »
Good morning folks, as like others here I am here to give my introduction!. First let me say I started playing UO way way way back in the good ole days when UO was its only first MMO and man was it great on my 75mhz computer with 640 mb harddrive and a 14.4 modem with intergrated sound card. Oh how the times have changed though. Anyhow I was actually a beta tester for UO and I remember I downloaded the 200 mb install folder over 3 1/2 days straight.... okay right back to the introduction. So I played on the pacific shard in my first 4 years on OSI server's and actually was great. After toppling Byzantine north of minoc on the pennisula and running crazy with LoD pkers to cause havoc with them( oh they were the days). After that I moved to the Chesapeake shard were a bunch of RL friends played there and I took on the role of taming. only took me over a year to go from 95 to 100 (not long or anything). I became a serious PK'er there as well and it actually took me over 11 months to macro off the time to become blue!. A little later down the road I was actually accepted into the Counselor program and was also a Counselor on the Napa Valley server under the name of Pike Noir. But atleast after Lord blackthorn update and a few more when they started adding in skill bonus's from items, luck and all that it seemed the game went a direction i really didnt like. So now it is now 2013 and a friend called me up and said he came across a emulator shard that seems fairly good. And to no avail it is great. it reminds me of the old days Pre trammel times and only using the main continent which means no T2A lands. but it is based off the era of UO:R. Now that was my UO experience, now to myself. I am a electrical mechanic, and a ex-chef of 12 years. I am 31 and slipping back into the game I love the most, and actively searched for a game that brought the freedom,excitement,and other stuff that UO did way back when. And what did you know I did find it! I just totally forgot that it was the same game! Anyhow folks that is a little bit about myself. I hope to converse with everyone here at SUO about evreything under the sun even if it doesnt pertain to the game/scripting side of why we are all here. So enjoy your afternoon and take care.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 12:44:54 AM by Mezmoin »

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Good Morning Folks
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 05:52:20 AM »
Thanks for the intro, restricted status is lifted, feel free to have a look around!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 06:46:22 AM »
Welcome!

Offline Cooms

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Cooms has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 06:52:33 AM »
Welcome to the community!!

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 09:22:46 AM »
Welcome, Mezmoin!

Offline SolidSnake

• ScriptUO Guild
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • SolidSnake has no influence.
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 08:41:06 PM »
Very nice intro brother..welcome to where all the cool people hang out..well..except for that red letter guy over there in the corner..yeah..the one with the big bad ban hammer in his hands. It's unsettleing, the way he smiles when he swings it ;)

Wear that search button out and don't be a stranger to the shout box if you have any questions or issues.

Offline KaliOfLS

• That's "Dr." Kali to you!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • KaliOfLS has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 06:15:54 AM »
Welcome to SUO!