Author Topic: Menu Designer  (Read 2167 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Menu Designer
« on: March 20, 2009, 07:46:57 AM »
Is old as heck... now don't get me wrong, it's VERY useful, but I wish the authors would take responsibility for their product and update.

My greatest annoyance is that it doesn't optimize the code. I just went through one of my menus (Taming Appraiser) and took out 50 lines of unnecessary code! FIFTY LINES!!

The menu will order everything by the label # and when it was created. So if you have 20 items on the menu, 10 red and 10 blue, and you happen to add them in alternating order, the Menu Maker will put:

Code: [Select]
menu font color blue
item 1 on the menu
menu font color red
item 2 on the menu
menu font color blue
item 3 on the menu
menu font color red
item 4 on the menu

Instead of optimizing it... which you have to do by hand, to this:

Code: [Select]
menu font color blue
item 1 on the menu
item 3 on the menu
menu font color red
item 2 on the menu
item 4 on the menu

Yeah, here it's only 2 lines saved, but trust me, it gets HUGE in bigger menus. Like I said, just by putting colors together on my menu I saved 50 lines of code. It's also better arranged.

[/rant]
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Menu Designer
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 08:11:49 AM »
I hear ya on this one... not to mention you have to get the old version that is an archive for easy uo!!!  :-[

I use this tool a lot and would hate menus without it.

I am with ya Cerv!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 09:07:04 AM »
the core of mine is already alot smarter when it comes to building up the menu.  heh
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 09:13:34 AM »
Yeah I noticed that on my Donator script, between colors and sizes I cleaned up a ton of code.

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 11:04:28 AM »
ya I can't wait until SUO's Menu Designer is ready.

Tags: