Author Topic: Item Value Inflation vs Gold Inflation  (Read 4632 times)

Offline ChopsTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Chops has no influence.
  • Respect: +9
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Item Value Inflation vs Gold Inflation
« on: September 05, 2013, 10:33:21 AM »
This was something that got me thinking the other day, every shard is different so let's say we are talking about a freeshard with no custom stuff, you still need to get arties from doom, tokuno arties drop every so often etc...

In terms of investment since you have inflation in both sides, for example players keep winning doom arties and getting gold, do you think they are pretty much the same? Or is it slightly better to invest in a orny for example since it's a bit less common?
You could invest in resources and sell them later for a higher price but wouldn't you still be losing value?

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Item Value Inflation vs Gold Inflation
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 12:04:44 PM »
Prices on things like artifacts is unpredictable... Unless you're going to actually utilize something like the ornament, then I wouldn't bother trying to invest anything into it unless it's at a very reasonable value. They are uncommon yes, however as time continues and dark father's die more ornaments will populate the game thus theoretically decreasing their rarity and with it, their fixed value. More people will be aiming to sell theirs and where you have competition to drive themselves down, you have buyers who will also attempt to drive the prices down by forcing sellers to compete.

Take the OSI Ornament for example... You can safely situate the ornament into nine areas and the additions that have directly affected it's value.

Release : 80m
Peak : 145m
Median : 50-60m

Faction Artifacts Release : 5-10m
Faction Artifacts Peak : 25m
Faction Artifacts Median : 10-15m

Faction Artifacts Nerf Release : 20m
Faction Artifacts Nerf Peak : 40m
Faction Artifacts Nerf Median (Now) : 20-30m

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 12:43:06 PM »
My suggestion is to use gold to buy things that sell for cash. ie garden beds, soul stones etc

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 02:51:01 AM »
You mean real life money? Not much people buy stuff in freeshards, and it's usually forbidden :|

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 04:54:50 AM »
Ahh ic - then I guess it would depend on each free shard - my guess is that they will all be different.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2013, 05:10:01 AM »
I started thinking about this because I got a bit frustrate last week, I finally managed to save 10 millions in gold, when I check the prices of some the items, they are so expensive... there's almost no point in saving :(

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2013, 05:18:59 AM »
You mean real life money? Not much people buy stuff in freeshards, and it's usually forbidden :|

I think he means to buy stuff who people paid for it and use it or trade it.

Like i did a lot in past : People sold their Donation special raritys when they needed money or something i monopolized and i used those for bigger deals or used my own. I play uo since 97 , Freeshards since 2004. I horded Donation Items on Freeshards in Value of almost 3000$ but never spend any $ to their shops.

As long as the Owner of the Shard dont drop the price, those items will give you always high values, because non paying player want those raritys without playing :)

Just as sample : i paid on rw 10 Million for a Unique Pet Dye Tub with 2 uses, used on my own and sold the other use for 15 mil an half year later :)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 05:20:36 AM by Crome969 »

Tags: