Author Topic: First screenshot of the User Interface creator  (Read 13404 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
First screenshot of the User Interface creator
« on: June 22, 2008, 06:09:29 PM »
As you can see from this screen shot, you can create and modify multiple menus contained in a script.  You can also cut/paste controls between menus.

ScriptUO will automatically look through your code at each subroutine you have.  If it's made up of > 90% "menu" commands, then ScriptUO assumes this is a menu definition.  This assumption works well as you can see from the drop down.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 06:12:08 PM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: First screenshot of the User Interface creator
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 02:33:00 AM »
Also, here's an interesting thing the EasyUO menu designer can't do.  Suppose you have code that actually executes to form your user interface.  There's no way that the EasyUO MD can have looping constructs like FOR, WHILE, REPEAT/UNTIL, GOTO within a menu subroutine.   Since ScriptUO uses the same parser/tokenizer/language evaluator for the menu as it does for the execution of a script, you can have complex views of your script menus.  Here's an example:

And here's the resulting menu:

As you can see, the FOR loop creates 5 different buttons, all moved in the X direction.  Try that with EasyUO and its Menu designer.  ;)

This is really for PREVIEWING more than anything.  If you try and actually edit this menu, you'll create a mess. 
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 10:53:43 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 06:04:44 PM »
That is some serious cool stuff. Wish I had more time available to play with some of it...

Maybe in a few weeks I'll come back strong.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 01:16:24 PM »
That is some serious cool stuff. Wish I had more time available to play with some of it...

Maybe in a few weeks I'll come back strong.

Yeh, this is the part of this whole thing I've been waiting to start.  But I had to create a mountain of infrastructure to be able to make it work.

I have control sizing and moving finished now as well; not an easy feat in .NET; have to do it by hand.
But it'll be nice to have you back up in the saddle again.  If gC can make it back, then I'm sure you can too!
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: