Author Topic: Greetings, UO addicts :)  (Read 2577 times)

Offline DunnoknoTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Dunnokno has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Greetings, UO addicts :)
« on: February 22, 2014, 06:14:49 AM »

Hello. So... My name is Paweł (Paul) I am 20 y.o. and I'm from Poland. What am I doing except playing Ultima Online? Hmm, studying, sleeping, eating, sleeping again, working out and reading books. I'm mostly fond of fantasy books and polish fantasy writers, such as A. Sapkowski or J. Piekara, although I enjoy reading foreign writers as well, oddly, my favourite foreign writers are not into fantasy. I'm speaking about Chuck Palahniuk and Charles Bukowski right now. Their works are very though-provoking and that's what I enjoy the most in books, songs, movies, etc.
   But now let's get straight to the point and our shared addiction - Ultima Online. I have started playing UO when I was something like 10. I remember when friend of my brother came with CD and installed the game. It was first experience with MMO for me and my brother. I was exhiliarated when I had the first chance to play it. There were so many possibilities, hardly anything you couldn't do. You want to project your own house? No problem. You want to be a damn gardener? Go ahead! You want to craft clothes? Be my guest. I was really fascinated by this game. Sadly, there is also the other side of the coin, because nowadays I find every and each game boring, because I'm comparing it to UO and its almost limitless possibilities.
   It may be funny, but I find Ultima very sentimental and treat it like a joyful part of my childhood. I could speak hours and hours about this game and bore somebody to death, seriously. It also may sound like exaggeration, but this game taught me many things. One of them is language, because back in the day there were no polish shards so I had to learn how to communicate with foreigners. I have met many people, who had stuck in my mind in a very good and pleasant way. And what I also find interesting about UO gamers they never get old. I mean, everytime I get back to the game I meet people whom I met years ago, so they are like frozen in time :D What's more, playing UO when I was so young taught me also that there are bad and nasty people on the world. I was very naive and trustful back then and people used it against me sometimes, so I learned from the game something that occured be useful in reality.
   Ok, staaahp... because I'm starting to be sentimental and boring. Let's get back to the important stuff. So now I'm playing on UO Demise. Currently I'm training my tamer and planning to play him for a long time before I will farm money and items for PvP character. I have always been necro-warrior, so I think this is not going to change, but who knows :) I have never been good with mages, too fragile for me. So yeah, that'll be all. If you did it to the end of my speech then thank you for wasted time :D

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings, UO addicts :)
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 08:30:56 AM »
Welcome to SUO!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 08:32:09 AM »
THanks for the great intro.  Don't worry about being sentimental about the game.  I think we all are at this point.  Probably this game was the first exposure that most people had to MMOs, and if you're old enough you'll remember how much it was like the wild west at the start.  The fear and exhilaration of leaving the towns is something I'll always remember.  I also had some really fun times with my nephew in the game - but he's no longer here to experience more.  Plus it's just a great game.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline DunnoknoTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Dunnokno has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 10:40:43 AM »
I'm still a bit anxious when I'm leaving town on the new characters. Sorry to hear about your nephew, I always look back to playing with my brother with smile :)

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.6%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 12:16:57 PM »
WELCOME!

Offline SolidSnake

• ScriptUO Guild
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • SolidSnake has no influence.
  • Respect: +34
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 07:45:27 PM »
Great intro and you will find pretty much everyone here shares your feelings and observations. Welcome :)

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 12:56:40 PM »
Welcome to ScriptUO and yes UO has been a great game. I also and sorry to hear about your nephew TM.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 06:44:44 PM »
Welcome to ScriptUO and yes UO has been a great game. I also and sorry to hear about your nephew TM.

No worries, it's been a while now since I posted about it.  You can see the details here

Anyhoo, I still smile when I think about all the hilariously fun times had in UO.  I could go on for days talking about the interesting encounters and silly hijynx.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2014, 01:16:48 PM »
welcome to scriptuo
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: