Author Topic: Any blue NPCs worth killing?  (Read 5250 times)

Offline FluwtonTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Fluwton has no influence.
  • Shorn scrotum and fancy-free!
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Any blue NPCs worth killing?
« on: May 08, 2014, 01:00:57 PM »
There's an event going on right now on Siege (possibly others, but who knows/cares) where Rabid creatures/humanoids are spawning in certain towns.  These are red, powerful creatures with many thousands of HP, capable of inflicting lethal poison.  They are immune to guards, but passive to NPCs.  When killed, regardless of what creature they appeared to be, they leave wolf/dread spider corpses with appropriate (poor) loot.

If you don't mind taking the guardwhack yourself, you can discord them to get their barding difficulty below 160 then provoke them onto townspeople.

Are there any townspeople worth killing these days?  Any rares/semirares to be had, even if they're rather useless?

Also, I guess you could use this to kill people in towns, but anybody AFK near one of these creatures would eventually be randomly targeted anyway.  Lure one all the way to another town, where people expect to be safe? I'm sure there are shenanigans to be had.

I can't think of anything worth killing that isn't marked invulnerable.

They're also immune to taming and Dryad's Allure.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Any blue NPCs worth killing?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 01:15:37 PM »
To my knowledge (but I have not killed any blue NPCs lately) there is no good (or rare) loot on them.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Any blue NPCs worth killing?
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 03:16:05 PM »
I would say only to go Dread Lord.

Tags: