Author Topic: SUO Launcher  (Read 78063 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
SUO Launcher
« on: March 02, 2015, 10:23:10 AM »
So I've been bringing all the little things together.  With client patching and injection for an executable, I have the start of a freeshard launcher.  It's very basic at this point, but will launch a patched, unencrypted client to any address/port entered.

What I want to do to keep from stepping on the toes of the other launch sites is to allow them to drag/drop information into the application to "add" their site to the others contained in the program.  From there, they can launch using this application.

As it stands now, the client patches for multiclient nag dialog and always light.  I want to add the skip intro also as soon as I find that offset.

Anyhow, just fiddling at this point.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
suo_launcher.png
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 10:35:07 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
Re: SUO Launcher
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 10:42:00 AM »
Very nice.  Simple is always nice.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 10:52:37 AM »
Very nice.  Simple is always nice.

Ya, I totally want to keep it simple.  Judging from the leechers we've had over the years, simple is a moral imperative.  

There's a few things that will probably not be possible though.  Since my program works very similar to Razor, whatever client launches will not have 3rd party tools associated with it.  EasyUO is another matter because it attaches itself to the client process underway, so it should still work fine.

Anyhow, it will be exactly how UOGateway once was.  Just simpler since I'm not going to do any of that freeshard management stuff.  I'll leave that up to the freeshards who choose to use this tool.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 11:17:00 AM »
You should make it also be able to "permanently" decrypt the client to the server of choice.  This way secondary programs might still be able to use it.  With someone on PlayUO currently working on UOPatch.exe to be able to patch, they will be able to use UOAssist with it or other programs that require UOPatch to run.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 11:29:51 AM »
You should make it also be able to "permanently" decrypt the client to the server of choice.  This way secondary programs might still be able to use it.  With someone on PlayUO currently working on UOPatch.exe to be able to patch, they will be able to use UOAssist with it or other programs that require UOPatch to run.

That's sort of a side-effect of this process.  I *can* output a client that can be used for those programs.  *HOWEVER* that does take away the focus of this program to launch and sort of breaks my idea of actually monetizing this function.  You see, I intend to get some AdSense clicks from one of those now-blank boxes. 

I've been doing all this stuff for free for a long time, and I'd like to find a way to make a few cents here and there.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Mind Blown
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 11:54:57 AM »
Totally understand.  Right now i only use EUO with my client.exe so it isn't a big deal that i would use a shard chooser.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 11:58:22 AM »
Totally understand.  Right now i only use EUO with my client.exe so it isn't a big deal that i would use a shard chooser.

I'm still trying to think of a way to do what you suggest while keeping my idea of taking over the world in tact.  :)
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 12:05:58 PM »
This is kinda cool, I used the launcher to run a client on Alexandria and your shard simultaneously. :)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Mind Blown
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2015, 12:09:47 PM »
Maybe only offer the client decryption for those who actually own a shard and not to the general public. Those who register with you to have their log-in information automatically in the shard chooser.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2015, 12:18:59 PM »
Maybe only offer the client decryption for those who actually own a shard and not to the general public. Those who register with you to have their log-in information automatically in the shard chooser.

I was actually working on the saving of login information associated with each shard.  I always forget that stuff.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2015, 10:07:03 PM »
Here's a working first pass.  I haven't done much testing really.  I know it doesn't work well with older clients.  How old is anyone's guess.

The program works mainly from the "Personal" tab.  So if you want it to remember your account name, you'll need to click "add shard".  This basically takes the contens of the Shard Name, Shard Address and Port value text boxes and creates an entry in the "Personal" tab.  Then you can edit the Account Name column with the specific account name.

I haven't done anything with the favorites tab yet.

My virus software seems to go mad for this, but I assure you it's fine.

Let me know if it doesn't detect your client.  I'm sure I don't have all the registry key locations.

The contents of your "Personal" tab are saved to wherever you put the .exe file under the filename "SUOLauncher.xml"

I have the drag/drop for HTML content almost working.  Right now, a MessageBox will show the content dropped.  I just need to format an acceptable HTML header to be parsed by the program to allow for easy additions to the program.

The bottom open area is meant for a bitmap link that can be provided by the shard owner.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
suo_launcher2.png
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 11:55:17 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2015, 11:06:52 PM »
Maybe make it possible, that your Tool adds a new Directory "Clients" to the EA Folder. Then unpack the remade client to an own Folder within the clients folder with patched .ini. Also inject a Linker Code to the exe, that its thinks its still in the main directory. On that way you allow to patch for shards without touching the roots.

We in Stealth do similar. We inject code to .exe so it takes stealth.cfg in uo folder instead of uo.cfg

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2015, 08:32:44 AM »
Maybe make it possible, that your Tool adds a new Directory "Clients" to the EA Folder. Then unpack the remade client to an own Folder within the clients folder with patched .ini. Also inject a Linker Code to the exe, that its thinks its still in the main directory. On that way you allow to patch for shards without touching the roots.

We in Stealth do similar. We inject code to .exe so it takes stealth.cfg in uo folder instead of uo.cfg

One thing I've wanted to add to a program like this is the ability to automatically store client versions so you can "go back" to a previous client easily.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2015, 08:34:57 AM »
I really like this concept!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2015, 09:52:31 AM »
I really like this concept!

The client database is a really simple thing to add.  I've always wanted to do something like it, but I never had a project to piggyback onto.  This one seems like it'll fit..

BTW, Google AdSense sucks.  Trying to get signed up and they claim scriptuo.com doesn't have enough content.  lol.  I understand what they are looking for, but this site just isn't formatted in the way they want.
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: