Author Topic: Spammy Introduction  (Read 2394 times)

Offline SpammyTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Spammy has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Spammy Introduction
« on: August 03, 2015, 05:46:27 AM »
Hi there, i'm Spammy, i'm from Italy, and i'm here to introduce myself and tell you about my experience with UO...  but please don't judge me by my name, i won't spam you too much! ;)

It all started several years ago (i think it was about mid 1998), when i was just a teen... back then i used to go to a public internet point because not everyone had the possibility to have internet at home, and when i went there i always saw a group of people playing this weird game, with all the opened windows around and lots of characters on screen. And i always stayed there looking at what they did in their monitors, like a silent shadow eheh
Well, it was just a matter of days till i *HAD* to introduce myself to those people and just ASK WHAT G*DDAMN GOOD GAME they were playing... and so i knew UO for the first time!

I started playing with them on their private shard, it was a Sphere server, and had a lot of fun, albeit still being really clueless about the game. But i loved it.
I was playing an archer named "Riverwind" (i had just finished reading the Dragonlance series back then) and i remember that there was always this PK mage called "Lady Silen" that killed me while i was hunting (and she was usually morphed as a Dragon).
It was my true intention to take revenge on her, so i decided to create a mage myself... moral of the story: i think i never succeeded in killing her, but now it became so much fun being killed by her after a long fight, and now i had 2 characters that i LOVED playing.
Then it was the time to make a tamer, then a warrior and a crafter... and i loved them all!
Back then, i was still going at school, so i had plenty of time to spend on UO, and i did!

Then, one sad day about a year later, i found out the shard was being closed, apparently because there were too few people playing... i was mad, i didn't care about how many people were there, i only cared about the few people i liked playing with... yes, even Lady Silen!

I decided to try playing on OSI, but it wasn't the same, i couldn't manage to be sucked in like it happened on my first shard, so i stopped playing uo after some weeks.

Then fast forward to about three months ago... i'm now over 30, i finished studies, i got a degree in computer science, a work, a wife... and then it happened, i found a folder in my backupped files on the PC with all the screenshots from my first UO shard... and i REMEMBERED EVERYTHING. It was like i was 17 and NOOB again and i told myself i would give UO another shot... and here i am!

I started playing again on a custom shard (dunno if i'm allowed to write the name) and i've already joined a great guild and met alot of nice people... many things are changed on UO now, but i don't care... i'm having fun all over again, and i'm just waiting for the new Lady Silen to come and PK me, after a long battle obviously! :)

Soooo this is my story!
I'm happy to be here and looking forward in taking advantage of about 15 years of technology progress in UO-scripting :P

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Spammy Introduction
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 06:43:13 AM »
Thanks for your excellent introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline Cush

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Cush has no influence.
  • Respect: +42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 06:45:41 AM »
Welcome Aboard!

Offline SpammyTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Spammy has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 07:29:05 AM »
Thank you all!!!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 08:40:40 AM »
Thank you for the wonderful intro!  Welcome!

You can write the shard name you're playing; we're freeshard friendly here.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 08:40:55 AM »
Welcome to SUO! Italy is beautiful, was there 3 times while I was stationed in Germany.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 08:43:49 AM »
Nice intro,  Welcome to SUO

Offline Lillianna

• Activity:
    0%
  • Lillianna has no influence.
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 09:41:16 AM »
Welcome  :)

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2015, 06:28:33 PM »
welcome to scriptuo
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: