Author Topic: Unable to Close Trade Windows  (Read 5667 times)

Offline VlekTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Vlek has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Bloodclan Orcs
Unable to Close Trade Windows
« on: November 15, 2015, 03:24:00 PM »
I have run into another interesting problem. Stealth does not seem able to close certain things like trade windows. I used what I thought was the most appropriate function, CancelTrade, but that only removes the checkmark from the player's accept trade box. Is there another function I should be using to do this?

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to Close Trade Windows
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 06:47:07 PM »
I don't know stealth - but how about just sending escape ie ESC

Offline Crome969

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 10:13:26 PM »
I have run into another interesting problem. Stealth does not seem able to close certain things like trade windows. I used what I thought was the most appropriate function, CancelTrade, but that only removes the checkmark from the player's accept trade box. Is there another function I should be using to do this?

From Logical Point this is correct, you may need to check if you could try to use gump functions (untested) to close the trade.

• Activity:
    0%
  • Vlek has no influence.
    • View Profile
    • Bloodclan Orcs
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 09:21:24 AM »
From Logical Point this is correct, you may need to check if you could try to use gump functions (untested) to close the trade.
What do you mean "From a logical point"? Logically, when someone cancels a trade, that means they get rid of it. As for using gump functions, that was my next guess. I tried using all of the gump functions I could find, but none of them seem to even be able to detect that the trade window was even there. It seems stealth is supposed to be able to handle multiple trades at once due to completely wonky Russian sphere server performance. I believe it's not dealing with normal trades correctly due to it trying to deal with non-standard sphere stuff.

Quote from: gimlet
I don't know stealth - but how about just sending escape ie ESC
I sincerely hope you didn't get your 4k post count by offering this level of unhelpful information. You obviously don't know the first thing about stealth. Thanks anyway.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 10:22:17 AM »
Note  to self:

Never respond to a post from Viek ever again.

• Activity:
    0%
  • Vlek has no influence.
    • View Profile
    • Bloodclan Orcs
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2015, 10:39:48 AM »
Note  to self:

Never respond to a post from Viek ever again.
I don't like to criticize people I haven't looked into. I thought I'd look at your posts, and I found that you have absolutely no idea what you're doing in UOSteam either. How did you get to be the moderator?

Offline Crome969

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2015, 11:14:32 AM »

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2015, 11:17:50 AM »
It's not a good idea here to jump all over the Mods and Elites, especially if they are trying to help out.  I suggest you chill out or your membership here will be short-lived.  I have ZERO tolerance for a confrontational tone here.  Why?  It's my site. 
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 11:20:27 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: