Author Topic: Hello everyone!  (Read 1739 times)

Offline graysontTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • graysont has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hello everyone!
« on: July 29, 2016, 03:26:07 PM »
Hi there. My name is Kevin. If you remember it, I'm the original creator of Finduo search engine for vendors many years ago (though sold it a long time ago).

I'm interested in scripting again ... really want to get into uostealth. I'm posting an intro so I can have access to the uostealth scripts, the documentation and examples found on the net are mostly documented in Russian and it's really hard to wrap my head around.

Thank you!

Preemptive beef up of intro, so it passes the mods incoming ... :p

So the original finduo was based on a combination of easyuo and a visual basic program I wrote. My search was the first one to offer images of the items that were being sold. To do that I made a VB program and used the easyuo "send" option to communicate with VB ... whenever it found an item it didn't know what the picture was, I took a snapshot of the open vendor with VB as image 1, then I used easyuo to hide all the other items in the backpack and took a 2nd image ... then I removed the pixels of the backpack, and removed the pixels that were different from image #1 and image #2, and the remaining pixels were the image I saved to show the item's graphic on the search.

Within weeks of me adding images, searchuo did the same as well as that other search -- was a strategic arms race back then.

Anywho ... please let me in :p

Post Merge: July 29, 2016, 03:46:12 PM
Oh, and apparently I contributed here a very long time ago. Example:

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=302.10;wap2

I don't even recall if I had an account here or what the login must have been, but that was me explaining Finduo probably some 7/8ish years ago?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 03:46:12 PM by graysont »

Online TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Hello everyone!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 07:07:16 PM »
Now that's a blast from the past!  Welcome back!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 08:27:46 PM »
Welcome!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 06:53:40 AM »
Welcome (back) to SUO! Interesting read, including the link TM posted. I always thought SearchUO and FindUO were owned by the same person as they always had the same specials. I also thought Cybernickel owned them.

Tags: