Author Topic: Looking For Mentor?  (Read 10732 times)

Offline graysont

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • graysont has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Looking For Mentor?
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2016, 01:45:32 AM »
Your server is different than mine, mine doesn't have those new jewels in it. The ore on my server is heavy ... 24ish ore and I have to smelt or drop. My first versions are recall miners ... they're earning about 5k ingots per hour.

But they're too obvious, can't be recalling to bank's on this many for very long without getting found out.

So my next version is an ore leapfrogger ... once every 3 steps it mines along a mountain side, and then passes the ore 3 tiles ahead. That one will produce more ingots and won't be so obvious (unless people are finding my low traffic spawns).

Ideas ...

Boat miner. Script saying "left one" etc. to change from spot to spot. Test the decay on your shard to make sure your ore will last.
Recall miner. Slightly obvious. Mark all the banks so your guys aren't showing up to same one over and over. Use polymorph if you can.
Leap-frogger. Script going along moving the ore as you go. This is one I've highest hopes for at the moment because ore is so heavy on the server I'm on.
Recall/rail ... if ore is light on your server, recall in and mine several spots, less recalling that way.
Rail with packies. What I see most people doing on my server, but packies can be attacked or led off by bad spawn.

Offline playforfunTopic starter

• Restricted
  • Activity:
    0%
  • playforfun has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2016, 01:56:05 AM »
Yah, I was thinking add Stealing? To use a disguise kit!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 02:05:28 AM by playforfun »

Offline Crome969

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2016, 02:42:37 AM »
Guys keep in mind, if you use Arrays you need to SetLength always if you want to increase size.
You also can use Array of Variant (Store mixed data such as Float, String, Integer, WORD etc) but then you need to compare typemasks
or cast them all to a native type.

I suggest to avoid variants unless you know what you do. In past i sometimes used like Array of Array of Variant to store 3 kind of Types into 1 Array.

On this way i added Strings to myvar[0] := ['Hello','world'], floats to myvar[1] := [1.1,0.9] and Integers to myvar[2] := [1,2].
With a proper design you can do decent things with such stuff

Offline playforfunTopic starter

• Restricted
  • Activity:
    0%
  • playforfun has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2016, 06:00:47 PM »
Hey guys came up with an issue, my script will mine just fine on mountains or random veins in floor out in world.... but it won't mine in caves it will say target cannot be seen. Any ideas why?

Code: [Select]
Procedure FindOre (VAR x, y, z : Integer);
begin
   x:= (GetX(Self)) - 1;   
   y:= (GetY(Self));
   z:= GetSurfaceZ(x, y, WorldNum)
end;
Procedure MineOre(VAR TotalSwing : Integer);
begin
    UseObject(self);
    {use shovel}       
    UseType(Shovel,$0000);
    WaitTargetXYZ(x, y, z);   
    Wait(1000);           
    TotalSwing := TotalSwing + Swing; 
end;

Post Merge: August 01, 2016, 10:01:30 PM
I even tried to manually set the Z to 0 because that's what the tile info said it was... Still says can't be seen.

Post Merge: August 01, 2016, 09:32:39 PM
I also need help with creating a runebook recaller, based off the gump to recall to next spot.

Each gump to the next spot is +6 because it's 5.11.17 etc. up to 16 times.

I want to add +6 to the integer and once it reaches it's limit I believe 97, It will go back to 5.

However in order to press the gump with WaitGump(); it needs to be a string... How can I convert an Integer to a String and then back to Integer so I can add more to it later?

I tried to use google but it's all confusing to me  :-

Code: [Select]
Procedure Recall(VAR Spot : Integer);
begin
   if InJournal('0007AD00') > 0 then
   begin
   Spot := Spot + 6;
   end; 
   UseObject(MineBook);   
   WaitGump('554B87F3');
   IntToStr(Spot); 
   WaitGump(Spot);