Author Topic: Life's travels  (Read 3858 times)

Offline KaliOfLSTopic starter

• That's "Dr." Kali to you!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • KaliOfLS has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Life's travels
« on: December 02, 2016, 10:09:47 AM »
+1
I've been pretty scarce here and at easyUO for the last year.

Work started at a new job, and the company was quite demanding.  I wrote programs in java to increase my productivity at work instead of in UO.  Even considering those improvements saving me 5 hours a week, they company was relentless in piling on the work.  

During this last year, my girlfriend was diagnosed with cancer, and despite being malignant and large, it was with a good prognosis.  After surgery and radiation therapy, the results are looking quite positive.  They have not detected any metastasis and it is now I write because we're feeling out of the treacherous waters.  

I'm currently looking to move positions from this company because in the light of everything, I realized there are more important things to life then 60 hour work weeks, fame, and fortune.  I found I care more about family and freedoms and am looking for a position to sit down and have a family.  

For those of you whom use my scripts, I doubt I will ever return to UO to work on them, but never say never.  I'm currently working at any time on a phone app for education.  I've picked up java, opengl 3.0/es, vbos/vaos and shaders.  Been a pretty good learn and will probably not get back to working on coding for UO.   However, I still love this community and try to stop in from time to time.  I'm hoping I find myself with more free time at the outset of these last adventures to pop in more but am currently in job search mode again.  Just wanted to let everyone know where I went ;)  And Crome, I apply again to Germany.  Vllt, ich komme zurich xD

I wish everyone the best! And that the RNG is forever seeded in your favor.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 10:31:57 AM by KaliOfLS »
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 
^ real life signature for sure

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Life's travels
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 10:55:57 PM »
+1
Sorry to hear it's been a tough year. I hope it goes well for both of you going forward.

After 25 years in IT - mostly programming, I can honestly say your work is top notch and is appreciated. Among your scripts, I really like the inscription script you shared with the community last year.

Sincerely,
Gaderian
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Tags: