Author Topic: Playing UO again and learning  (Read 2577 times)

Offline niko084Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • niko084 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Playing UO again and learning
« on: December 30, 2016, 03:45:04 PM »
I started UO back when a single e'bolt would kill most people and played official servers for about 13 years, as well as off and on private servers. I started working with easyuo around 2002, primarily learned to script by reworking other peoples scripts, eventually was able to create a few of my own. I've bounced through many games and still play games like Battlefield 4, TitanFall 2, StarCraft 2, I played a number of other MMOs but never got into anything like UO again... So I'm back to playing!

Today, I work in IT and want to get a spot on an engineering team, this is where UO comes in! One of a few things I'm going to have to learn a few languages. Scripting has always been something I've been able to do but never proficient. I figure being I'm playing with UO again I'll use the chance to get back into scripting again, learn some more, and apply it where I can.

My UO life has been vast, I played Baja, Atlantic, Legends, Siege, Great Lakes, Chesapeake, Pacific and Europa. A few guilds I was in for awhile did a fair bit of shard transferring, following the PVP. It's crazy how the styles and builds varied from server to server. I played everything, I had 1 character I had the claim of training every skill to the cap on (including eating those 120s), 7 accounts, every character trained and geared. Aw, those were the days... (You know before having to adult)

These days my time is limited, but what I can do is work on scripts while I'm at work in my downtime. There is a fair bit of that.

So that's why I'm hear, back to UO, have time to script, and an external reason to learn.

--- Other things ---
I drive too fast, ride crazy 2 wheeled death machines, enjoy building things of all sorts, I'm a trance addict (lots of edm really) some might call me a psychonaught, somewhat of an audiophile, and materialistic.
I'm a technology hardware nut, had a desire to go into ME or EE but landed a mid level IT early and saved a bundle on school. I still hold strong interests and associating hobbies.

Cheers!
(I'm not British)

If you spill soap on the floor is the floor clean or the soap dirty?

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Playing UO again and learning
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 04:10:00 PM »
Ha! Awesome intro!  I love how so many people come around full circle and back to their UO roots.  EasyUO still works relatively well after all these years.  Welcome back!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.6%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 07:26:16 PM »
Welcome!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 07:37:12 AM »
Welcome to SUO! I love the 2 wheeled death machines as well. Living in Florida, I can ride year round which is awesome!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 08:01:45 AM »
Welcome to SUO! I love the 2 wheeled death machines as well. Living in Florida, I can ride year round which is awesome!

Minnesota  :'(

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2016, 10:30:49 AM »

Minnesota  :'(

Ahh yeah, limited to about 4-5 months then? I can handle cold weather and riding but would not want to ride with any chance of ice or snow.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2016, 10:11:40 PM »
Ahh yeah, limited to about 4-5 months then? I can handle cold weather and riding but would not want to ride with any chance of ice or snow.

I can ride most of April through October before it gets cold, often into November before it snows.
I don't have cold weather gear which doesn't help.

I've been tempted lately to buy a 125/250 to play on frozen lakes in the winter, stud the tires, buy cold weather gear.

Tags: